I'm bummin'

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
FZ1

I'm bummin'

Post by FZ1 »

Well, I "lost" my iPhone. Left it at a restaurant last night. Called 20 mins after leaving and they couldn't find it although we were one of the last people eating and at a table in the corner. Likely a staff member because no patron would have had to walk by that table and no one was sitting within 2 tables of us. We left around 10 and they close at 10:30.

I was able to locate it with "find my iPhone" when we called and it showed as being at the restaurant. I remote locked it and sent a message to display a callback #. This was right at 10:30. After that, the signal disappeared as the asshat who took it likely shut it off. We headed down there, got there at 11 and the manager let me in and we searched for it. No luck. This is going to be an expensive dinner I think.

The manager is going to check the security footage today but I'm not sure our table would have been in view. My fault for leaving it but people should be more honest. This is an upscale restaurant (dinner for 2 was $150) so you'd think there would be a better chance of honest help. My 2 year contract just started in June so I'll have to buy another at the non-contract price. :mad:

UPDATE
They called me late Sunday to say they had found it. I rushed down there and it was an iPod Touch -WTF?

I'm going to call the manager today to see if they checked the security tapes and tell them I'm going to file a police report
Joe
skier

Re: I'm bummin'

Post by skier »

that sucks, especially with the GPS part, good luck!
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

that blows...

I'd be there looking at footage on your lunch break before it gets lost too.

Someone had it and if you look at the footage around the time you called you might be able to catch the guy pulling it out or shutting it down on any one of a number of cameras.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

Hey, I was in that Home Depot yesterday!
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.