Maybe I'm To Senstive

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Maybe I'm To Senstive

Post by pwcmed »

I'm sure everyone has heard the news about the Top Gear comments about Mexicans. It's rare when a joke that revolves around race offends me. Hell I'm Mexican and Irish so I have the possibilities of being offended twice but this one real grinds my gears, thanks Family Guy for that. Richard Hammonds comments were the ones that really bugged me, especially the one at 1:18

DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Maybe I'm To Senstive

Post by DaddyRabbit »

I don't find it any more offensive than how they treat Americans in general. While I'm not from the south I found their little trip through the south offensive in several ways.

That said, it is part of the show. They fit the bill for "Proper English A-Holes". I could rattle off many a sterotype of Brits but it is just that, a stereotype.

Many entertainers are offensive (especially comedians) and Top Gear is no exception. This particular bit wasn't particularly funny IMHO so I'll give them a fail on that. Sometimes it just isn't worth it to read too much into "those who think they know" IMHO.
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

video removed... any new links?

edit found it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12367790

I found it funny and non-offensive, but I watch the show and expect them to rip on EVERYONE. If you don't watch the show faithfully and just listen to that clip then I can see many many people being very pissed. That is the sad thing about society today... You can't rip on anyone without making it an international event and a travesty.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

The other guys were ok, not funny but ok. It was that D-Bag Hammonds comment that bugged me. I can see that they were using old western stereo types but it was when he said "Imagine if you had to wake up and realize you were Mexican" and shook his head like that was the worst thing in the world. Even the audience had a different type of laughter when he said that. I have watched the show before and I'm still a fan. I'm not going to dismiss it because of that. The show has fast cars and british humor, two things I love but Hammonds comment is what bugged the **** out of me. Watch that part again.

I can agree that people can be to sensitive and need to lighten up. Being in the military you need really thick skin. They should've said this

"That car is only big enough to fit 20 mexicans"

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/48724 ... ure-Video/
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Hell the last UK show with the Assuie UK crew coming to the UK, they were making fun of Aussie crew with convict jokes straight to their faces.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson