President Bush falls on bike ride

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

President Bush falls on bike ride

Post by Apoptosis »

Ouch! Sounds like he got hurt pretty bad!
Will be interesting to see when he appears in public next.
President Bush fell off his bicycle Saturday while riding on his ranch, according to White House spokesman Trent Duffy.

Bush, who was accompanied on his bike ride by his doctor, Richard Tubb, a military agent and a member of the secret service, fell about 16 miles into a 17-mile ride. The accident caused minor abrasions his chin, upper lip, nose,right hand and both knees, but was able to ride back home, said Duffy.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The man falls of a segway and now a bike. All i can say is he is the most embarrassing president i have ever seen. I for one, when talking to international students, clients, friends, feel like i have to personally apologize for his idiocy
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

And I read Kerry also fell off of a bike. So the US can't have a president who's able to ride a bike properly :)

I imagine mothers talking to their son, who just fell off of the bike... "No matter, darling, you can still be the President" :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

lol... All I know is I don't ride a bike for 17miles in an outting. Besides he was wearing a mouthgaurd when it happened. That shows me that either he was mountain biking or he knows he sucks at riding a bike. :mrgreen:
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

Apoptosis wrote:lol... All I know is I don't ride a bike for 17miles in an outting. Besides he was wearing a mouthgaurd when it happened. That shows me that either he was mountain biking or he knows he sucks at riding a bike. :mrgreen:
Yes, some precautions! And he took his doc with him too :twisted:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

yeah this is great, our President , the most powerful man in the world, can't ride a bike. God help us, we really need someone with morale integrity, intelligence, and personality to run for office, unfortuneatly, anyone with those qualities won't run run for public office.
Wolfgang70
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Wolfgang70 »

lol.

They forgot the rest of the story about how the agent riding on the back half of the tandem managed to escape unscathed.

Hey capper! I'll vote for ya if you wanna run.
mrplow
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mrplow »

I'd say I'm surprised he can ride a bike... but it seems he can't!

Maybe it was his first time out without stabilisers ("training wheels" I believe they are called over in the states?) :lol:
illegitimate emus
rishdi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rishdi »

The man can barely walk, how does he try to attempt to ride a bike?
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I love and support our Pres, I think he just surrounded himself with some sleazy types. I like him because he speaks from the heart, unlike Al Bore, I don't want to get into a political tiff, being an election year and all.
I am embarrassed though that our CIC has to wear a helmet and use training wheels to get around. I can just see it now, a SS agent holding the President up as he is riding around the West Wing.
Yair
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Yair »

infinitevalence wrote:The man falls of a segway and now a bike. All i can say is he is the most embarrassing president i have ever seen. I for one, when talking to international students, clients, friends, feel like i have to personally apologize for his idiocy
thanks for reminding me :lol:
Cabot_Teg118
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Cabot_Teg118 »

^^LOL :lol:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

that's rich
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

And I though that segways were fall-off-proof...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I think they are fall proof when you use two hands... if you notice in the photos he was holding a tennis racket in one hand. :roll:
Maestro
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Maestro »

Capper, no other president I can remember has made a bigger disaster of foreign relations, or done less to improve the economy. And probably no other republican president has ever been as challenged at balancing the budget. after 9/11 the USA had the sympathy of virtually every country on earth. but now they're all pissed at us including a lot of countries that used to be great allies.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Who, France and russia? LOL, they are pissed at us because for more than 10 years they ignored the embargo and made money dealing with Saddam, we put an end to that. Plus there is the fact both are huge hypocrites, France is mainly to blame for the state of Africa ( why do you think the Legion is banished there?) and russia has been terrorizing that whole continent for decades. Other than those two you have Spain and Japan, who are cowering to terrorism and hostage taking, which is only going to lead to more. Then you have all of these Arab countries that are back beyond the stone age. they don't get their way, so they use violence to force the issue, me personally, i think we should just turn Israel loose on the whole region and put up an amusement park.
I think you have been very jaded by what the media tells you, and let me be the first to say that it is a little different then the truth. I, an d I know Bio, have been to many of these countries, their governments may not like us, but the common folk really don't care.
As far as Iraq goes, President Clinton did nothing during his term to make the world a better place, other than throw a couple Tomahawks at Iraq, Sudan, and Afghanistan. His inaction is mostly to blame for what we are dealing with now.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Oh, and far as the economy goes. Alan Greenspan has alot more to do with it then the Pres, and Greenspan has been there alot longer then the Pres. We are still paying for the BS of 1998-2000 when all these major corporations cooked the books. Instead of cracking down on things and limiting what would happen, Clinton did nothing, he ignored it because people were happily making mone, or so they thought, by the time it was time to settle up, he didn'yt have to worry, he was out of office.
I like Pres Bush because he his the lesser of two evils.
You can't trust politicians, because as i said an honest man isn't going to want to go through all the BS nowadays.
As to Kerrey, I just have a serious problem, and some skepticism about anyone that spends 4.5 months in Vietnam and ends up with 3 purple hearts and a silver star, missing one day of duty. Something fishy there.
az3rch
Legit User
Legit User

Post by az3rch »

OMG, someone falls off a bike or a segway (whatever that is) and is made a mokery. Gosh, it happens to everyone sometime in their lives. So what that it happened to the President of the US.
Maestro
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Maestro »

well, i've travelled to Europe and Asia each at least a dozen times in the last 10 years. I was in England on 9/11/01. And I'm telling you most common europeans don't like America now because of our foreign policy under Bush. We had no international support going into Iraq. We never found a big weapons stockpile or any chemical weapons as we claimed. And now with all the prisoner abuse and disregard for human rights it's only getting worse.

Who cares about the French? The Germans and the Italians don't like us. (wouldn't want Anand to have to pay a 30% tarriff on his next Porsche) And Spain and UK went along only due to heavy pressure from US, but public sentiments in Spain and UK are strongly opposed to war in Iraq.

But I just know Bush's oil buddies are making a killing though.