Interesting Thoughts on the Occupy Wall Street protesters

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Interesting Thoughts on the Occupy Wall Street protester

Post by vbironchef »

eunoia, I just read the article you posted. Good god! I had a hard time sleeping before I read the article, but now, Holly Cow! Now I won't sleep at all. Where should I park my savings,(the little I have) and should I even be in the stock market? Right now I am invested in oil stocks and silver. What are your thoughts?

Edit: So if Bernanke said that if nothing was done, “unemployment would rise -- to 8 or 9 percent. Well what is it now? I don't get it. Why did we bail out the banks in the first place?
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

Sorry about that! I think I lost my right to give financial advice after losing big chunks of my retirement to corporations whose only focus seems to be obliterating any wealth. Even small investors are trying things like buying a million-dollar car, insuring it for two million and driving it into a lake. ****ing stuff up seems to be the only way anyone's making any money these days.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

eunoia, no worries! :) When the dow jones industrial average went to 10K I put all my 401K in a stable fund. I make a little over 100 dollars a month in interest. I would rather be safe than sorry. I wasn't talking about a 401k plan.

It sounds like to me that the financial crisis is not even begun to evolve into some death spiral or black hole. It's going to have to wait till the next presidential election. Maybe four months after the election all the Sh** is going to hit the fan. Then what?
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

The federal reserve I think is at the root of the problem. Inflation is the key problem not the "1%" ... Government backed student loans is causing collage cost to grow out of control. When everyone can get student loans schools can just keep jacking up price.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

bubba wrote:When I was married and my ex was working we cleared 70k a year between us. Yeah.. middle of middle class at best, and that is here in the midwest.

I know what the OWS started out to do, but what it has morphed into is a bunch of whiners that want stuff handed to them. Several have been video saying that they would rather do this than try to change the system from the inside or through voting in people that would.

thus the "I want it, give it to me" attitude they all have. They all complain about corporations and big business but doing so holding high-end electronic like iPhones and laptops all made by those greedy little corporations they hate so bad.
I can see where you're coming from. Unfortunately, movements that initially mean good get hijacked by selfish beings. For example, as much as people fear communism, I cannot think of any real communist society. Each communist movement has been hijacked by some "leader" who puts himself above everyone else and installs a sort of dictatorship. That's not real communism. The idea of real communism is very attractive to me since there is a use for everyone. If we could take that idea and bring it into a more free society, there would be many benefits. In fact, Germany's apprenticeship program follows along those lines. You're guaranteed employment and useful skills, though I'm not sure what's done after the apprenticeship. Either way, Germany is in very good shape economically so they're doing something right.

I'm currently working towards a degree in computer science and work a part time job to help reduce debts. I'm just worried about what opportunities there are for me after I get my degree. I have no problem working jobs that aren't necessarily related to computer science if it pays the bills. I just want to work, make a stable living, and live my life. I don't care for a luxurious life, just stability. I'm sure that's what the vast majority of people want. It saddens me that people focus so much on freeloaders, though. They're a very small minority and also a small minority of the OWS movement, but the media focus on them in order to discredit the whole movement since the media are lapdogs of the corporations and the corporations don't want change.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

odd I see the OWS as a silly movement with no real "win" available. It doesn’t deserve coverage but seeing as the media is in bed with democrats it covers it like crazy like its as big as the free rights moment.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED