I got robbed by an AMD fanboy!

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got robbed by an AMD fanboy!

Post by DMB2000uk »

lol, Im not having a go at anyone who likes AMD by the way :P

Our house got 'broken' into last night (my dad had left the patio door unlocked!) and someone stole our flatscreen monitor :(

But the thief took the time to unscrew the monitor from the pc and unplug it from the extension socket, without taking anything else from the room!?!?

I can only assume they didnt take the PC because of the huge Intel sticker on the front :mrgreen:

Really though they probably got disturbed mid theifing because the room they got into had like PS2, Gamecube, PC, Loads of DVD's, Small TV (as a pose to our 42" in the next room 8) ) and none of that stuff was taken.

So i count myself rather lucky, though i now have to use a Huge 16" CRT (that was on the floor next to the PC when we got burgled!).

Guess we'll be tightening up security from now on. :rolleyes:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

that sucks, and for the fact that the onlything taken was the monitor makes me think that is was a kid, and someone who knew it was there.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Dude that is insane... why not grab both... He must have known what you had before he broke in to take it because it doesn't sound like a smash and grab. It was smooth and just the monitor was taken... call up the pawn shops locally and look on ebay... oh yeah and load up your gun with some Speer Gold Dot hollow point rounds and aim for the head.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

or, if you're particularly evil, if you know how to use a compound bow, grab some aluminum ferrules and mercury-tipped heads.....always a lot of fun :evil: :evil:
muhahahahaha
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Bummer dude. Sorry about the loss.
It definately sounds like the person knew exactly what they were after and probably hoped that by just taking the monitor that you wouldn't bother to follow up on the theft.
I say hunt the bastard down like a dog and chop his legs off!!! :evil:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

yeah, and then use the mercury-tipped heads to blow him straight to hell, roflmao......I'm evil, lol :evil:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Probably less of a vandal or random action than thief. Most likely a kid. Why? Most likely only one person and the monitor was all he could carry (which is why the PC remains) and make a decent getaway. They probably tried the door, it was open so they ran in, grabbed something they could actually use (a pro sells the stuff and comes prepared to transport the stuff) and bolted. More of a "do it and see if I can get away with it" action. Hard way to learn a lesson but at least it was your dad and not you or you might be working off the $ to pay for it :P
Joe
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Americans and guns! :P

I'll just stick with a baseball bat :snakeman:

NB. Im in the UK.

I guess we have been lucky, and it is a good job it wasn't me that left it unlocked! (my dad thinks that it has been undone since jan 2nd when he took the crimbo lights down! :shock: )

We now have lots of bolts on our patio door, so that isnt being left open again, and we've got a stand alone motion alarm (with a keyfob to arm/disarm!) that we have to use every night now (in addition to our normal alarm system (that we cant be bothered to arm every night!))

Legit reviews fancy holding a contest for a new monitor that i 'might' happen to win :P (I'd pay trans-atlantic shipping!)

Cheers for your concern guys!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

Apoptosis wrote:Dude that is insane... why not grab both... He must have known what you had before he broke in to take it because it doesn't sound like a smash and grab. It was smooth and just the monitor was taken... call up the pawn shops locally and look on ebay... oh yeah and load up your gun with some Speer Gold Dot hollow point rounds and aim for the head.
yup... call the cops and pawn shops. in the states, pawn shops are supposed to call the cops everytime they get something in order to make sure it's not stolen... i dunno what they do in the uk.