Goedekers Superstore Hires Indian Firm To Spam Sites For SEO

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Goedekers Superstore Hires Indian Firm To Spam Sites For SEO

Post by Apoptosis »

We get spammers here daily on Legit Reviews and we usually go about banning the user by e-mail and IP. We then delete all the posts and delete the user account.

This afternoon I got an alert that we got some spam in one of our threads and I went about deleting the user like normal. Before I deleted the account I looked to see what link the spammer was using as they are getting paid by companies for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). My jaw dropped to the floor to see the link was to Goedekers. Goedekers is furniture, appliances, electronics, flooring and mattress store located right here in my home town of St. Louis, Missouri. This is a company that preaches family values and I grew up hearing about how they are open everyday but Sunday. While this company might have good family values it appears that they don't care what means they employ to get sales and have hired a firm in India to do SEO optimization for them by spamming online sites.

Here is the post by 'desireseo' where in the members signature they had a link to RF4289HARS (a Samsung Refrigerator) and going to the Goedeker website. You can see the URL that it was going to by looking at the bottom of the image as I was hovering over it with the mouse. I'm not going to link it here as I will not be giving this company any back links.
goedeker.jpg
Here is the e-mail and IP address used by the spammer.
goedeker2.jpg
It appears that IP address 117.200.59.184 goes back to India and to a city called Ambala.
goedeker3.jpg
It looks like Goedekers Superstore is outsourcing very disgraceful SEO work. I'll never buy anything from Goedekers Superstore and for a company that advertisers their religious values I would expect better. Thanks for defacing my website and trying to use my site to promote your business. I should send this store a bill for my time removing the spam they put on my forums.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Goedekers Superstore Hires Indian Firm To Spam Sites For

Post by vbironchef »

I had a feeling that that post was spam! :) Glad I could help.