Presidential Candidate Debate Tonight

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Presidential Candidate Debate Tonight

Post by Apoptosis »

Who is going to watch the Presidential candidate debate tonight?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Presidential Candidate Debate Tonight

Post by vbironchef »

+1
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

After watching the debate, here is my take. Doesn't matter how you spin it. We are screwed, doesn't matter who wins, they basically said the same thing. We are so far in the hole (deficit) wise. That it doesn't matter because we cannot dig ourselves out of the hole that we have dug. I am very sad that I just said that, but that's how I see it.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I think we can help get out of it some. President Obama didn't look comfortable at all for some reason. People are saying it was because he didn't have a teleprompter, but who knows.

Romney was looking pretty good and I like his tax plan as I run a couple small businesses and get taxed at the individual tax rate not the corporate tax rate.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I think Romney kicked ass in that debate.

I don't really like either of the medical care plans because employers already offer low cost plans with super high deductibles as their main ones. I know the biggest retailer in the world has crap insurance and neither if their plans would make them change that.

We can pull ourselves out of this deficit but it is going to take a lot of people realizing they cant have all the tax breaks they are used to, the government needs to downsize (bad to do in this economy but still), business' will have to pay up instead of getting billions of dollars in tax breaks. It will still take a few decades to get us back on track and that is if we do not go to war in Iran.

Simplify the government system and let it run smoother and cheaper.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

listening to it now on YouTube.

Since I set in a car for around about 1 to 1.5 hours every morning/night for my commute to/from work, my guess its the same crap I hear on news radio daily.

Either way, half the country will be pissed the next 4 years.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
mmi
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mmi »

As a fervent Obama supporter, I'm sad to say that I think Rombot was the clear winner. Of course, I also "know" that he was lying up a storm — like a Category 4 hurricane. Otoh, Obama's "slight misrepresentations" were comparable to only a tropical storm. :-k

This of course followed the historical trend. Sitting presidents almost always lose the first debate. Like the head of any other very large organization, they're not used to having people slap them around verbally. And the challenger, typically behind in the polls at the time, is fighting for his political life and therefore focused like a laser. If they don't do well, the money from major donors will likely dry up at the height of the battle, pundits will often become dismissive, and the prospect of being dragged up the steps to the gallows starts to look inevitable. I hear Willard didn't sleep Tuesday night. As Samuel Johnson said, "Nothing focuses the mind like a hanging."

>>Simplify the government system and let it run smoother and cheaper.

Speaking as a life-long liberal and current federal employee, my response to that is" Amen, brother!"

>>Either way, half the country will be pissed the next 4 years.

A probable outcome, i agree. But let's hope we can move beyond that.

>>we cannot dig ourselves out of the hole that we have dug

Sure we can. The deficit numbers aren't as bad as they look. We could indeed grow ourselves out of the problem if things get straightened out in Washington in terms of making reasonable compromises (don't hold your breath). I'll tell ya what I think could solve things overnight. A national consensus that, when the time comes, we (or at least a very large percentage of us) will:
  • give back any Social Security retirement benefits we don't really need to survive in reasonable comfort, and
  • agree to die peacefully if tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars are required to keep us alive if/when our physical/mental state is such that there isn't much of anything left to live for.
Not easy things to do, i agree. But how easy was it for a tragically large number of very young men, and now women, who have served in the US military to be decapitated or disemboweled or torn in half or blown to pieces defending this country and what it stands for: liberty and justice for all. We might want to stop being concerned about how comfortable our seat is or how long we have to wait in line and think more about what is really valuable in this life.