Landscaping Project

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
fastedie
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by fastedie »

My next door nab planted some kind of a tree, He had it a couple weeks and one morning my mother when out front it was trash day and the tree was in the trash so she grab a shovel and planed it in our front yard. He came home and saw it and told her It was dead.. she told him it would come out of it.. he just laught and when on. Well that tree is Alive and well and I laught everytime I see him.. He final moved I was glad lol The tree is Laughing too! Its 35 feet tall now after 3yrs I think its a silver maple. Fast growing for sure it was 10 ft when she planted it.
Nice place you have there! Just rember Rome was not built in a day or two! It takes more time then we have. We are a blink and if you blink you??? good day I miss Paul Harvy! Oh well thats another post!
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

T-Shirt wrote:sounds like a good plan, Just advising you plant as much as you can afford (even if smaller, but healthy plants)
They will take off (given a year or so) and you will reap the reward of a mature landscape/increased property value sooner......plus you get to enjoy them.
We bought our old (1939) house 17 years ago with a few save-able specimen plants and now have 1000-1200 different varieties (my wife is plant nut, works at a highend nursery, and spend most of her spare time pruning, planting, planning, etc., etc.) a different climate for sure but we have something with blooms or berries every day of the year.
always something to look at even in the snow.
ill post some pictures once we get all the prunings from this week picked up
I wish I had the time your wife does. I'm not positive that we have enough room for 1000+ species of plant!!