No computer upgrading for the next three years for me

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

No computer upgrading for the next three years for me

Post by pointreyes »

Here's the reason why:
http://members.dsl-only.net/~pointreyes ... whome.html

Sorry, no interior shots due to privacy issues. Maybe those shots will come in mid-June. :)

Anyho, my budget for computer expenses is shot for at least the next 3 years, maybe even 4.
Diagram of Hardware Profile
----------------------------------------------------------
BSD Daemon Copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick. All Rights Reserved.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

wow, nice place!! i think it will be well worth the tradeoff.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

bigblockmatt wrote:wow, nice place!! i think it will be well worth the tradeoff.
Thanks. With the wife and five daughters, having three bathrooms compared to the one in the current house we live in is a great tradeoff. :mrgreen: Plus, well over 1,000 extra square feet and increased the land from 1/5 of an acre to 8/10th of an acre. I'm still amazed I found this place because my wife and I were just about to resign to adding more to the current home. :)
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

need to get that place wired up, lan, security cameras, safe room, THE WORKS!!!!!! LOL

j/k congrats and best of luck!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Very nice 8)
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

very very nice... shame such houses in the UK are about three quearter of a million!

I wish for the very best for you and yor family in that house!
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

Congrats PR! I am very happy for you!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Nice house! I would love to have land...this semi-detached I live in is a joke..lol

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

very nice congrats on the new pad!
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Nice on the outside. :P

Built in the 1800's. Now we understand why no pictures of the inside. :mrgreen: Do you have running water at least. :lol:

So, who is going to live in the third bedroom in the barn???
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

stev wrote:Nice on the outside. :P

Built in the 1800's. Now we understand why no pictures of the inside. :mrgreen: Do you have running water at least. :lol:

So, who is going to live in the third bedroom in the barn???
:lol: Actually, all the bedrooms are in the house, but the barn has a third bathroom, the laundry, and plenty of extra storage for other things.

My dear wife reminded me that the interior shots we have are with the belongings of the person that currently lives there and that we are in a way invading their space by posting their personal stuff online.

Running water? What do I need that for? :mrgreen: Actually, the house has city water going to it and the land has a well. At least, my water bill won't skyrocket when I have to water 8/10th of an acre of land. :) Western Oregon (the part I live in) amazingly enough has at least three months of dry and hot weather each year. Eastern Oregon is part of the Great Basin so that part of Oregon is much drier.
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Nice house! You could really go crazy with secrity and a wireless home network... 8)
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Nice house in a nice area, the salem -dallas tends to get a little hotter/drier than some of willamitte valley (being from farther north, I like cooler/wetter) but if you want cooler/wetter a quick trip to the coast should do it.
Sure 3 years without an ungrade sounds scary, but a new house with land is priceless.
And there bathrooms with 6 women in the house is a even better, add a shed of your own and you're in heaven
congrats