So Hockey Season Starts Tonight.....

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

So Hockey Season Starts Tonight.....

Post by HONkUS »

Oh yeah and did I mention im completley unbiased when it comes to Hockey? *sarcasm*

GO STARS!!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

never really followed hockey that much, in a fantasy league with some friends, so I will start following it a little more. For me its MLB playoff times, and rooting against the yanks, because my poor red sox, got owned down the stretch.
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT LIKES HOCKEY

im canadian btw, i legally have too :p

i played some ball hockey today, and had to get outa there quickly to watch the leafs lose! :mrgreen:

Im also a Stars fan (if i look left, i see a wall with the Stars Logo on it, its about 6'x6' in size)
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: So Hockey Season Starts Tonight.....

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

HONkUS wrote: Image

GO STARS!!

lololololoolol
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

Gogo Ottawa.
I'm in a pool with some friends and a yahoo fantasy league with some other friends. :)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: So Hockey Season Starts Tonight.....

Post by bubba »

HONkUS wrote: Image
We’re putting on the foil coach, you want some?
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

This is the best time in sports right now.

MLB Playoffs (best part of baseball)
Football Season
Hockey Season

What more could a guy want??

Im a Sharks fan. Im going to the game on Sat.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

bigblockmatt wrote: Im a Sharks fan.
sorry to hear that

:finga:

wow, if turco keeps playin the way he did last night....the stars are gonna be good....lets see if he can do better in the playoffs this year
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

Hmmm...

Sharks!!! Yeah! Have fun at the game Matt, we will do the Anaheim game![/img]
Goose Out

HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Wow what a game! Turco has'nt looked that good since his 1.72 GAA season! This team looks like it has the chemistry and character that a playoff contender needs and that the Stars have lacked these last 5 years.
They got off to a rough start thanks to sloppy penalties (maybe as a result of the Avs speed) but man that third period was great and that pass to Sydor to end it that was vintage Turco all the way. They said Turco did some crazy conditioning during the offseason and it showed!.

I got tickets to the home opener Saturday night against NJ.
Scratch Theodore bring on Brodeur!!
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

HONkUS wrote:Wow what a game! Turco has'nt looked that good since his 1.72 GAA season! This team looks like it has the chemistry and character that a playoff contender needs and that the Stars have lacked these last 5 years.
They got off to a rough start thanks to sloppy penalties (maybe as a result of the Avs speed) but man that third period was great and that pass to Sydor to end it that was vintage Turco all the way. They said Turco did some crazy conditioning during the offseason and it showed!.

I got tickets to the home opener Saturday night against NJ.
Scratch Theodore bring on Brodeur!!
i would honestly give my left nut to see dallas play. and thanks to this new crappy schedule thing they got, i can see em in 2 years i think. they play toronto at home next year, buffalo at home this year too...so i gotta wait for 2 years to possibly see em play in buffalo

ps im in between buffalo and toronto, so im hoping that the penguins move to hamilton or kitchener-waterloo
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

haha Pens fans would be so bitter if the team moved to Hamilton, they finally got some great young players and are starting to develop a core and boom off to Hamilton with them!
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Go whatever team is in Indiana! :lol:
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

Woot-sauce fo' the sharks! That was a close game, into OT and some great plays.
Goose Out

HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

I missed the Sharks/Blues game how about a recap?
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

I only caught the end of the 3rd and the OT. blues tied it up in the last like 10 secs. of the game. they pulled their goally, i guess it helped... Sharks won the face off and held it to go into OT. then Brown got a rebound next to the net and popped it in. Great game as an opener.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Stars 3 Devils 1

Final.

Turco looked great again, Brodeur was Brodeur but NJ had a team that didnt really look like they ever showed up. A rookie for NJ I dont remember his name scored a sweet goal on Turco but other then that Turco wasnt really ever challenged. Nik Hagman scored a shortie for the Stars in the first to give the Stars a 1-0 lead going into the second. In the Second period Morrow scored on a point blank feed from behind the net to make it 2-0 but it wouldnt last as the rookie from NJ scored a sweet goal where he deked left and flipped it back hand past Turco to make it 2-1. Also in the third period Dallas defenseman Trevor Daley beat the crap out of a guy from NJ I think it was Rasmussen. Daley got 5 for fighting, 2 for roughing and a 10 min game misconduct, so yeah 17 PIM's for Daley lol. In the third against an apathetic Devils squad Lindos buried it past Brodeur for his first tally of the season. Good game for a Stars fan, had to of been a frustrating game for NJ fans. Oh yeah! I also got an autographed Mike Modano puck. 8)

HERE'S SOME VIDEO!
Morrow Goal
Daley Beatdown
Conclusion

Scoreboard. Word.