The guy across from me needs to be in pain!

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.

Do you hate a co-worker, if so what would you do?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:38 am

No man, I love everybody. (peace-loving hippy option)
No votes
I hate my co-worker and will push him down some stairs. (office mafia)
17%
I hate him and want to wire his chair to a 12 volt battery. (special ops)
33%
I hate him, and I'm going to freeze some dog poo and shave it into his monitor - too bad he didn't have an office though. (suicide office ninja)
50%

Total votes: 6

Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

The guy across from me needs to be in pain!

Post by Sporg »

This is a rant about the guy sitting across the aisle from me.

Our group seems to get moved between buildings quite a bit, but this latest move has been a real pain. The parking stinks and the guy sitting across the aisle from me needs to be pushed down some stairs.

When we moved into the building the neighbor was not present, but he showed up about two months ago. I guess he was out because he had gastrol bypass surgery. His first week back he did nothing but whine and complain to his fellow team members. I must say that this was quite a shock, because prior to his return the aisle was extremely quiet.

He constantly argues with his ex-wife (on the phone) and whines about blah blah blah - nobody cares. Then when people come into his cube he whines to them. Oh, and to add to that, he really throws his s's out there (acting manly, but having a lissssp is great fun). Lately he cooks bacon in the microwave around 9 a.m. every morning and brings it back to his desk. You know, it's funny to hear someone whine and try to get sympathy for their weight, then sit there and eat bacon EVERY day of the week.

The last thing, which may push me over the edge... he has this li'l tranquility fountain that sounds like running water. I don't know how much longer this will last... I have never spoken more than two words to the guy, give him my blank face everytime I pass him. The last thing I want is some meaty nothing to try and get sympathy or friendship

If it weren't for my headphones and online XM I don't think I'd make it. So other than an almost shameless XM plug anyone else out there loath a co-worker?
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Tech_Greek
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tech_Greek »

Yep,

I have a few of those in my building at work...I took the balls out of their mice to see the look on their face when they couldn't figure out why their mouses didn't work!

:finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I put tape on the bottom of a co-workers opti. mouse, took him an hour to figure out why his mouse wouldn't work.

We refer to him as I.F. (ignorant !@#$) no mater what he has had it, done it, or can do it better.... and no one screws up more than him, and he does the least.

So don't feel bad, I think its standard that all offices have at least one.
Tech_Greek
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tech_Greek »

lol, we have an I.F., he's my room mate Justin...lol

All three of us work at the same Job...ironic I know!
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I had 3 roomates when I was in Denver, we all worked for the same company. One guy got laid off first, then about 5 months later the rest of us got it the same day. XBox had not been out that long, so we got one, and bought a bunch of controllers and games. That was a great month!

Another good one is switching phone cables between two people who hate each other, or at least don't get along.
~Bertrand Russell
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Would be funny if the guy would be a member here...LOL I would probably die from laughing so hard :)

I would say something to him! I dont put up with peoples crap past a certain point - put me past that point, and your ass is mine :finga:

If you never tell the guy his fountain bothers you, or ask him why he complains about his weight and then shovels a boatload of bacon down his throat, he will think he is normal and cool - you have to stop these people!!!

Mike

could put some dish detergent in his fountain too ;)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

If you never tell the guy his fountain bothers you, or ask him why he complains about his weight and then shovels a boatload of bacon down his throat, he will think he is normal and cool - you have to stop these people!!!
I hear what you are saying, but have had odd experiences with people in the past when approaching. And honestly, if someone came into my cube and complained about me scraping my yogurt I would tell them to start walking.

I recently decided to quit smoking for a while, and have only had 1 cup of coffee today. I'm slightly agitated, and posting this thread made me feel better. I prefer to just sit back on a poke fun at mister fancy pants.
~Bertrand Russell
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

You're just going to have to put up with him and his whining for now... in time, when he realizes that nobody really cares and/or is extremely annoyed with him, he should revert back to his quiet self, and the world will go on ;)
"Who' doing what now?"
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

7 years with I.F. just over my cube wall, I'm still waiting for the quiet.
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

Better make nice, he could be your manager one day. in my time in corporate america, i always watched the people who annoyed me the most end up with awesome promotions. You never know one of those whining fits could have helped him bond with the president of the company who suffers from a similar malady. You just never know.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

one of the shop forman here at my work got promoted from lead man to forman when he rolled a 300,000 dollar machine off a trailer causing 50,000 damage (parts and labor).

They promoted him the next week.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Wow Bubba, stuff like that never ceases to amaze me. Why is it so freaking hard to just get rid of people???

I hear what some of you are saying about some of those folks getting promoted, have seen it numerous times.
~Bertrand Russell
amdme127
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by amdme127 »

I agree with you guys and the lazy people who get great promotions.

It doesn't make sense

Why not give the hard working guys a break
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

The way it's always been (jokingly) described to me, is that the lazy people are promoted up where they can't do as much damage to the actual production areas of a company. :P

Actually, there may be some truth to that... :?
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I have a team member who got promoted to a project manager position. She runs reports twice a day and that's pretty much it. Everytime I talk to her she complains about how over-worked she is. It takes her maybe 10-15 minutes to create her reports and she does it twice a day... that's 30 minutes of work (generous number)...

What did she do to get promoted? She spent a month flying all over the country for a project (just like the majority of the team). When she was going to leave, the boss gave her the team's PM position.

It's really rediculous.
~Bertrand Russell
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

If he pecks at the keyboard while typing, change the A and S keys and the O and P keys. It will drive him nuts. :lol:

If his phone rigs to much for him to complain too much, turn the ringer off on the side or bottom of the phone.

I once had a person who sent me three faxes a day like clock work. My number was off by one digit to where they were sending the forms to. It drove me nuts for a week. Many fax machines have an auto-redial mode if the fax didn't go though. So it will keep re-dialing the number a few times within a half hour or so. :lol:
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
amdme127
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by amdme127 »

I see your point that the company doesn't want them working on the actual product, but still isn't right. The people who know the product the best should be promoted.
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

I didn't say I agreed with it, I just said it's how some corporations think. I agree, those who know the product/whatever best should be in charge of it. 8)
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
amdme127
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by amdme127 »

Word

Maybe the people that are needing a project manager could elect who they want to be from the group the manager. Hopefully they would have managing skills
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

amdme127 wrote:Word

Maybe the people that are needing a project manager could elect who they want to be from the group the manager. Hopefully they would have managing skills

Like the pointed hair boss in Dilbert. :rolleyes:
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights