So much for using technology to unlock cars

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

So much for using technology to unlock cars

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

All you need is a tennis ball!!!!!!

Tell me how scary that is!!!!!

http://dabomb.tv/howto/blondie-unlocks-car/
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

wow, I need that ive locked my keys in my car twice in the last 6 months.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

that is crazy..lol

Glad I have a Saturn..wow

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

Now I want to try it! :P
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

OK, if I lock my keys in the car or loose them, will the girl in the video come to my rescue with her tennis ball? DANG! Forget the door unlocking tennis ball, she was smokin'! :)
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

I curious to try this, I'm not sure it's not faked.
If all it takes is the small amount of air pushed out by a tennis ball would a can of "canned air" and a small piece of rubber to seal around it work? (perfect for opening many cars quickly, like at a shopping center at christmas (free gifts! :lol: ) )
or couldn't you put mouth on the lock and blow hard? (Honest officer, I was just give my car a blow job " :shock: )
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Topher »

That's pretty cool. If anyone tries this, let us know if it works.
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Now that is a thought!

However, when the camera zoomed up on the door lock, I noticed that the red metal around the lock was already dented in.

She must have locked the keys out several times before or she's a car thief. :lol:
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Ha! That was kinda cool....I'm not going to try it on any of my cars. But I do have a couple of neighbors..... 8)
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Digital Puppy wrote:Ha! That was kinda cool....I'm not going to try it on any of my cars. But I do have a couple of neighbors..... 8)
I'm sure a neighbor tired it on yours last night... interesting, but wouldn't that work on all locks that have tumblers?

Just for shits and grins I got my hands on a bunch of bump keys last week and they work :shock:
NO TACT
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by NO TACT »

That is a scary thing.
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

Fonzy is way cooler, he wouldn't of needed the tennis ball.

jakegub
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jakegub »

I think it is a hoax. Someone try it though. It sounds good in practice, but certainly someone here has taken car doors apart and can tell us one way or another whether the doors are sealed tight enough to create that sort of internal pressure.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Apoptosis wrote:
I'm sure a neighbor tired it on yours last night... interesting, but wouldn't that work on all locks that have tumblers?

Just for shits and grins I got my hands on a bunch of bump keys last week and they work :shock:
Bump keys?
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

i doutb that will work. Mostly because cars that have remote locks, will turn off the engine for 15 minutes after the car car has been opened without the remote being used to unlock the doors. That includes using the key.

If that worked, all locks in cars, and buildings would have to get fixed because anyone could get into any building.
Inshali
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Inshali »

I think its a fake or anyone with a pocket compresser can open any car, I dont think so,
been a mech for a while and ran towtrucks for yrs never heard of this air presure wont move the tumblers to the right place and newer cars arnt so easy to pick the locks even tow drivers have a extensive kit to open doors now
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

I was in the middle of no-where when I locked me keys inside. I busted off and bent my antenna and slipped it between the glass and the door panel. It sure beat freezing to death.

What's really funny is I can picture some guy with the OTHER remote hidden in his pocket showing his girlfriend that this actually does work.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

jakegub wrote:I think it is a hoax. Someone try it though. It sounds good in practice, but certainly someone here has taken car doors apart and can tell us one way or another whether the doors are sealed tight enough to create that sort of internal pressure.
When they come from the factory (better quality cars, probably doesn't work on a yugo type (the doors would just bulge out))they are that tight but once you open them for custom speakers, glass repair, etc. it's hard to reseal the plastic layer as well is when new.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Inshali wrote:I think its a fake or anyone with a pocket compresser can open any car, I dont think so,
been a mech for a while and ran towtrucks for yrs never heard of this air presure wont move the tumblers to the right place and newer cars arnt so easy to pick the locks even tow drivers have a extensive kit to open doors now
I think theory is not that it turns the tumblers, but it air pressure pushes the inside button up (on a tightly sealed door)
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Tim Burton wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:

Bump keys?
A bump key is a flat cut custom filed key that you bump with a "mallet" (screwdriver handle) with practice you can make the tumblers jump and open most deadbolts/door locks.
The tighter the lock tolerances (more expensive lock) the easier it is :shock: Medico (sp?) is one of the few brands that don't work because they use a magnetic key as well as tumblers.
I had a boss who was a master locksmith earlier in his life, who showed me how this worked, our shop (millions in equipment and supplys had nothing but medico locks, replacement keys were a couple hunderd dollars each :shock: :shock:
There are some cool videos out on the net about bump keys and clubs of people (mostly locksmiths) who compete to be the fastest/best to unlock locks.
You will never feel safe again :)