metalheads?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

I'm not a big fan of hardcore death metal like Napalm Death, and Emperor because they are so over the top I find it difficult to take them seriously. I honestly want to laugh sometimes.
yeah i hear you on that. but i love apocalyptic metal like Nile, Arch Enemy, Arsis, and Behemoth a lot.

just something about how it's cohesive into a huge meshing wall of sound making the teeny boppers who came to the show cause metal got trendy go :shock: and makes me go :finga:

i have a deep appreciation for how bands can take their genre to an extreme, since i'm not only a computer kid but i'm a guitarist/bassist/vocalist/writer as well. bands that get lots of kudos for being original are definitely Extol for their take on black metal, and Arcturus for being blazingly fast but still well thought out.

not a huge fan of 80s hair metal or "heavy" metal but i do rock out to some Sabbath and AC/DC (c'mon this is a metal thread, not rock n roll)
I dunno, i hate labeling what genre i like or not, since even wwithin the genre the sound is very different from band to band. I'm more of a Megadeth guy myself though.
as for that, i hear you. i got sick of labels too but honestly it makes it a lot easier to keep a loose definition of a band's sound when you're talking and networking with other fans of wider genres or distinct sub-genres and specific tastes. if you love the music, you can disregard a little bit of "oh god another label" when an idiot goes "hey duuuude you listened to the latest _______ album? wicked sick (enter genre) metal maaan"
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Ozzy, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi, Poison, Kiss, Metallica, Nickelback...
I love to listen while driving. A lot of this I still play from cassette tape in my old pickup.

Lately I've put together all our digital pictures and movie clips onto DVD. I downloaded a torrent
called ' The Rolling Stone Magazines 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time ' to use for background
music. I've found myself listening to some of it. *sigh* Imagine, listening to John Lennon! Getting
old. :)

..Oh of course, can't forget the best singer and songwriter ever no matter what kind of music you like...
Stompin' Tom Connors!
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

......wow.

btw you listed G&R 2 times.

ok its not metal anymore, thats cool with me lol i'll take my death/speed/black/doom metal and other genres over soft 'metal', rock n roll and hair/heavy metal any day
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz: