***"at least" 22 dead from VA Tech Shooting***

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

ahh yes, so its the medias fault. hear no evil see no evil :finga: :)
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

It IS the medias fault to an extent.

The media is now about increasing viewership not about reporting the news. To increase viewship they need to make the news seem edgy and dangerous as we are becoming more and more jaded to violence. It's a perpetual game of one-up's manship. Channel 2 has video of the building, so Channel 4 needs a shot of the inside. Channel 4 has a shot of the inside, so Channel 30 needs a shot of the bodies, etc..

The media is responsible for 'increasing shareholder value'. They do that by selling ad time. To make thier ad time valuable they need market share. To get market share they need people to watch. And with 15 news sources available the most graphic always wins.

The news is now a capitalist commodity to be bought and sold. I'm not speaking as to the accuracy of what is reported. That I can't speak on. I'm referring to how much what is reported is intentionally hyped.

All of the above it not to disparage what happened at V.Tech. That's a horrible crime to have happen in civil times on peaceful soil. It is simply a perspective on the modern news media.