Changes Coming For America

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
User avatar
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 33922
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Contact:

Changes Coming For America

Post by Apoptosis » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:23 am

Because of the recent incidence with Don Imus, Al Sharpton and others
are insisting that changes take place in our country.

Santa Claus will be banned as he utters the clearly racist and
misogynistic exclamation, "Ho, ho, ho!"

Pirate movies will be censored if they contain the phrase "Yo, ho,
ho."

All references to the Seven Dwarfs will be punishable due to the song
"High-ho!" which is offensive to sex workers of enhanced stature.

Any mention of farmers will cease due to their use of hoes, a racist,
sexist farm implement.

The Lone Ranger will be eliminated from popular culture because he
uses the patently offensive phrase, "Hi Ho Silver"

All "Ho-downs" will be terminated as a racist affront to non-Southern
White Christians.

All travel to Ho Chi Minh City will be banned.

The phrases "Heave-Ho," "Gung Ho," and "Tally Ho!" will be expunged
from the English language.

User avatar
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Posts: 4723
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
Location: STL

Post by bubba » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:25 am

:lol:

sad but we're not far off from that.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
KnightRid
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:21 am
Location: Dallastown, PA

Post by KnightRid » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:28 am

bubba wrote::lol:

sad but we're not far off from that.
aint that the truth - still funny though :)

Mike

and why do you not represent EVERY color in that there Legit Reviews banner?? huh?? racist towards blues and reds are we? :rolleyes:
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:

User avatar
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: UK

Post by DMB2000uk » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:41 am

Probably waiting to see who wins red vs blue first.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Post by Skippman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:47 am

Did you guys hear about the kid in Junior High who ate a ham sandwich was accused of a hate crime because he was at the same table as a Muslim kid. Come on man! It's a HAM SANDWICH!

User avatar
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:03 am
Location: Indianapolis

Post by pcrobot » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 am

LOL, those are good Apop! :lol:

User avatar
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2188
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Post by stopthekilling77 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:32 am

this country is so backwards at times... :?

our minds are so open our brains fell out a long time ago
Cyberpower special rig
ASUS Prime 450M-A
Ryzen 5 3600 stock
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
24GB DDR4 3000 (soon to be 32GB)
AMD RX 580 8GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe SSD
Lexar 256GB SSD
6GB Seagate hdd
Stock PSU (will upgrade)
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Samsung Vizio V435-G0 42" 4K TV
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 headset
MS LXM-00001 Ergonomic kbd
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One wireless controller

I've come a long way from that original Core2Duo build y'all! :supz:

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Post by Skippman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:48 am

I blame California.

Completely, totally, 100% serious on that.



You wanna know where this countries nuttery comes from, look at the 9th Circuit Court. Hell, the mayor of San Francisco said he's going to impede federal law enforcement efforts against illegal immigrants. He's already band military recruitment on college and highschool campuses. He also banned handgun ownership in the city. (Unconstitutionally I might add) The states also trying to ban incandecent light bulbs by 2012.

Land of the free? I don't think so.

User avatar
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA

Post by dgood » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 am

Image

User avatar
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Posts: 4723
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
Location: STL

Post by bubba » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:31 am

dang it dgood, now I have to go shopping for shirts :finga:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:22 am
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Post by Bwall » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:09 am

Bubba, we should call them and see if they will do bulk orders. There are some great shirts on there that I think I need to get.
Image

User avatar
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Back Woods Of MO.

Post by Bio-Hazard » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:17 am

It's a real shame what's happening to our country these days.......... :shock: I'm sure stuff that we call jokes today will become law in the future.

User avatar
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:27 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Post by Razorbacx » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:20 pm

I've been waiting for this moment......

We find ourselves in this position because we allowed it to happen. We all must admit that we feel that as long as it does not affect me, then why should I worry about it. Well, because of our complatency we are now reaping what we have sowed. Your rights are severely limited, whether or not you believe it to be true. The constitution has been brutally raped by those that feel like they know what's best for you and me. You can't blame it on the government as they are nothing but a result of us placing them there or refusing to get off the couch to vote to change it or even to protest in some way.

People, in general are afraid to hurt someone else's feelings for fear of being sued, thus we have taken political correctness to an entirely new level of stupidity. When someone like Imus opens his mouth and says something completely stupid then he needs to own it and from what I've heard and read, he did so. However, it wasn't good enough for Sharpton and his kronies as they do not want justice, but rather another platform to push their own agenda. It may look like he actually cared about those young ladies on the Rutgers basketball team, but in all actuality he used them shamelessly.

WHEW! I feel much better now....HA!
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.

User avatar
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1200
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Kansas City Area
Contact:

Post by Sporg » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:28 pm

Well, collectively we sit back and allow these little nothing groups to make policy for the masses. Something people forget about being an American, you have the right to be offended, and a right to be an a**hole.

I hate any talk of banning words, or attacking people because of something they say (which was not made in a hateful context). If the VT thing had happened a week earlier most Americans wouldn't know who Don Imus is. As soon as the VT thing did happen the media completely lost interest in their coverage of Mr. Imus. What happend to VT was horrible, and I hate the way the media has covered it.

Some argue that guns should be taken away or banned. Was the world some happy lovey place before guns were invented? Following this line of thinking, maybe we should ban pens and pencils because someone might get hurt by what is written. Oh, let's get back to book burning while we're at it! It just kills me that we "humans" think we're so evolved and advanced, when in the timeline of the Earth we are just a spec. And before someone argues with me about the pen/pencil thing, I don't see Ryder trucks or planes being banned.

People have been killing each other as far back in time as you can trace our history. Hopefully some day we'll get past that, but if the last few thousand years are any indication it will be a while before that happens.

Sorry for my rantings... more Mountain Dew please...
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell

User avatar
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: St. Charles, Mo.

Post by camaroguy1998 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Razorbacx wrote:I've been waiting for this moment......

We find ourselves in this position because we allowed it to happen. We all must admit that we feel that as long as it does not affect me, then why should I worry about it. Well, because of our complatency we are now reaping what we have sowed. Your rights are severely limited, whether or not you believe it to be true. The constitution has been brutally raped by those that feel like they know what's best for you and me. You can't blame it on the government as they are nothing but a result of us placing them there or refusing to get off the couch to vote to change it or even to protest in some way.

People, in general are afraid to hurt someone else's feelings for fear of being sued, thus we have taken political correctness to an entirely new level of stupidity. When someone like Imus opens his mouth and says something completely stupid then he needs to own it and from what I've heard and read, he did so. However, it wasn't good enough for Sharpton and his kronies as they do not want justice, but rather another platform to push their own agenda. It may look like he actually cared about those young ladies on the Rutgers basketball team, but in all actuality he used them shamelessly.

WHEW! I feel much better now....HA!
Thank You Razorback!
Couldnt have said it better!
IMHO, our Gov't isnt doing what they're doing because they think they know whats best for us, its whats best for them!
ASUS Crosshair V- Formula Z - AMD 9590H2O
16G GSkill RipJaw - CoolerMaster Seidon AIO Cooler
Corsair CX750F RGB PSU - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
ASUS BW-12B1ST BD Burners(X2)
EVGA 560ti SC
ACER 24" LED LCD monitor
ANTEC 900 case in Chartreuse NEON paint 8)

User avatar
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Contact:

Post by Skippman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Sporg wrote:People have been killing each other as far back in time as you can trace our history. Hopefully some day we'll get past that, but if the last few thousand years are any indication it will be a while before that happens.

This is one of the more intelligent things I've heard said on this forum.

"Raw naked force has resolved more issues in human history than any other single factor." - Robert Anson Heinlein

"When the government accepts responsiblity for the people, the people no longer accept responsiblity for themselves." - Harry S. Truman


Because violence is effective does not make it right. It simply makes it effective. Using radiation to kill cancerous cells isn't right either. But it's effective.

That being said people have forgotten that this country is a melting pot, not a chalk board. We blend together, not erase and rewrite each other. There truely is a culture war going on right now. It took me a long time to come to terms with that as I'm as liberal as they come. But the fact of the matter is there is a double standard. If you are white, or Christian, you're wrong. That's it, that's the bottom line. Never mind the fact this country was founded by those very people.

I'm a first generation American. My parents are from Germany. I know about discrimiation. You think people treated my dad well when he showed up after WWII with his German accent as a kid? But you know what? He adapted to the culture and is now a naturalized citizen. Evolution dictates "Adapt or die". I think we've forgotten that in the end, Mother Natures usually right.

User avatar
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Posts: 4723
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
Location: STL

Post by bubba » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Couple of my favorite quotes.
Albert Einstein wrote: We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein wrote: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2188
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Post by stopthekilling77 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:53 pm

keepin it civil here...

i just want some clarification here from this quote:
But the fact of the matter is there is a double standard. If you are white, or Christian, you're wrong. That's it, that's the bottom line. Never mind the fact this country was founded by those very people.
Cyberpower special rig
ASUS Prime 450M-A
Ryzen 5 3600 stock
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
24GB DDR4 3000 (soon to be 32GB)
AMD RX 580 8GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe SSD
Lexar 256GB SSD
6GB Seagate hdd
Stock PSU (will upgrade)
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Samsung Vizio V435-G0 42" 4K TV
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 headset
MS LXM-00001 Ergonomic kbd
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One wireless controller

I've come a long way from that original Core2Duo build y'all! :supz:

User avatar
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2378
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:48 am
Location: Wright City, Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Illuminati » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 pm

stopthekilling77 wrote:keepin it civil here...

i just want some clarification here from this quote:
But the fact of the matter is there is a double standard. If you are white, or Christian, you're wrong. That's it, that's the bottom line. Never mind the fact this country was founded by those very people.
Skip can further explain what he means, but the first thing I thought of when I read that line was the extreme push of 'Equal Opportunity' and 'Equality Standards'. Major corporations and colleges are basically forced nowadays to select a minority candidate over a white candidate even if the white candidate is better qualified... just so they can meet HR/enrollment quotas. In effect, 'Equal Opportunity' really just makes it very hard to get scholarships in college and full-time positions when you graduate... if you are white.

Whatever happened to 'may the best man win!'???
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook

User avatar
jtm55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:01 pm
Location: Long Island NY

Post by jtm55 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi All,

As an American who happens to be black nothing would please me more than "may the best man win" Despite what some of you may think there are many Americans who are black believe that the time for affirmative action has passed. I personally don't want any type of handout. Period. I want to be judged & evaluated on my own merit. I was raised that way by my Parents. In addition, when I was in the Military there was no special treatment or favor because of ones ethnicity. What folk have to remember is that we are all of one race, the Human race.


__________________
First rule of ground school; This is the ground, don't hit it going fast.

You start flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Post Reply