Prego & Worried

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Prego & Worried

Post by Apoptosis »

This reminds me of some people I have come across in life. :ANAL: :ANAL: :ANAL:

Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Sounds like the lady needs to get a life.................. :shock:
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

i think the real point is that she is smoking... and then cares about the sound of the jackhammers....

Having read biology for about 4 years now, i think i can say with near certainty that what shes on about is a load of bull, the amniotic fluid will protect the child from most hamrfull sounds, especially those low frequency waves, but it doesnt protect what the mother gives the child... like smoke or excess alcohol or drugs...
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Boy, I guess I need new glasses, I didn't even see that she was smoking till you sai something and then I had to look real hard............. :shock:
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

Stooopid woman....and poor baby :evil:
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Bio-Hazard wrote:Boy, I guess I need new glasses, I didn't even see that she was smoking till you sai something and then I had to look real hard............. :shock:
That was the first thing I noticed. Pregnant woman with a cigarette in her hand. How sad.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

:roll: Yeah...I don't smoke, but I do like an occasional drink...that is going to be hard when I'm pregnant -- Go to dinner, everyone but me has a beer. . . I think that jackhammers will be about the least of my worries.

Well, I guess I should drink up now while I still can! :drinkers:
Wolfgang70
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Wolfgang70 »

An occasional drink won't hurt the baby but I guess that depends on what you call occasional. If you drink enough to feel tipsy then, yeah, you better stop. If your idea of occasional is a couple of martinis with dinner then that needs to go too. But like a beer or a glass of wine a week won't hurt either of you.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Wolfgang70 wrote:An occasional drink won't hurt the baby but I guess that depends on what you call occasional. If you drink enough to feel tipsy then, yeah, you better stop. If your idea of occasional is a couple of martinis with dinner then that needs to go too. But like a beer or a glass of wine a week won't hurt either of you.
Well, for me, I'd rather be safe than sorry, and completely abstaining from drinking is definitely safe. :)
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

a glass of wine every couple of days has no problems, but more than about 4-5 units a week is bad, if you keep it lower than that a week its fine.