Jericho cancelled - MAYBE NOT!!!

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
KnightRid

Jericho cancelled - MAYBE NOT!!!

Post by KnightRid »

How could they do this. I fired off a nasty email to CBS ( like it will help ) about ending shows without a true ending. I feel like boycotting CBS next season, but CSI's, The Unit, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Two and a Half Men, and Numb3rs are pretty damn good :p

At least Kidnapped got an ending on the dvd sets!

I think there should be a law taht when they start a show, they HAVE to finish it, no matter what the morons in charge think.

Mike

ARGH
Last edited by KnightRid on Mon May 21, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Umm to be honest, I've never heard of, let alone seen Jericho...though I do like Two and a Half Men and Numb3rs...and House as well though I don't think that is CBS.

Sounds like somebody has been watching a bit to much TV anyway :P

Oh well :lol:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

lol... yeah I'm shocked it got canned so soon also.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

This is the first I've heard about it being dropped, that totally sucks............ :evil:
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

I guess all the networks decided they had too many dramas running.
we liked jericho, particularly the early episodes, getting a little soap opera-ish now.
I hope whatever they replace it with is at least as good.
we don't need and more talent shows (Idol, top model, etc) quiz shows, bad situation comedy, or news/documentery shows.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

T-Shirt wrote: we don't need and more talent shows (Idol, top model, etc) quiz shows, bad situation comedy, or news/documentery shows.
Idol and the like aren't talent shows but rather popularity contests that only 14yr-old girls care about (I know, live with one)
Just don't knock the bad situation comedy shows (as long as they are REALLY tacky :shock: )

As for the News, it's getting crazyier everyday...guess thats why I watch it.
SethC
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by SethC »

The reason Jericho got cancelled is because it lost a lot of viewers. Lost lost its lease on life because it lost viewers. Heroes, as fine a show as it is, is being watched very carefully because it lost a lot of viewers.

And what do those shows have in common?

They decided to do the "split season" where they show 8-10 episodes, the last being a cliffhanger, and then go on hiatus for two months. During those two months, people find other shows or build new computers (*g*) or find other entertaining things to do.

I was a faithful fan of Jericho, but when it went on hiatus, I wasn't going to wait around for it. In the time it was on vacation, I lost interest.

Whatever happened to the old tried and true scheduling method of 22 episode starting in September with a week break at Christmas so the networks could run the Perry Como Holiday Special and then a wrap up in May? The summer was for reruns.

However, I will give Jericho, Lost and Heroes some slack because they are not the biggest offender of this split season plan. If you want to see that, you should have seen the cliffhanger on the last episode of Battlestar Galactic (last month) that led into a promo screen that said, "New Episodes Coming in 2008."
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Oh my word, I was into battlestar but haven't watched most of season 3 and if its going to be that long to wait till the next season, i might just forget about it!

Also a good amount of viewers don't watch shows on TV anymore :roll:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Alathald wrote:
T-Shirt wrote: we don't need and more talent shows (Idol, top model, etc) quiz shows, bad situation comedy, or news/documentery shows.
Idol and the like aren't talent shows but rather popularity contests that only 14yr-old girls care about (I know, live with one)
Just don't knock the bad situation comedy shows (as long as they are REALLY tacky :shock: )

As for the News, it's getting crazyier everyday...guess thats why I watch it.
You're right, they're mostly (embaressingly ) LACK of Talent shows.
still fairly vomitous for everyone but 14 year old girls (and unfortunately, my wife :( )
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Maybe we will get closure at least
Below is a statement from CBS Entertainment:

To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show -- both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment
http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum ... o&tid=5195

WOOHOO - they damn well better :finga:

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Good to see that CBS listens, at least a little bit anyways.
SethC
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by SethC »

I was just talking about a "wrap-up" episode with friends on Saturday night.

I really hope they allow some resolution and/or direction for the series.

I remember the shut off they did on Joan of Arcadia and a last episode that all but left people out in the cold.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I just read this morning about 7 more show of the series, lets hope that people stand behind the show and watch it now that CBS is going to continue it. Tell your friends about it and get the ratings up.
An online protest involving 20 tons of peanuts delivered to CBS Entertainment in New York and California has succeeded in bringing back the television show Jericho, which the network canceled last month.

In an online announcement Wednesday afternoon, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler called the online outcry a "probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series" and said CBS has ordered seven more episodes of the show for mid-season.
http://news.com.com/Deluge+of+peanuts+b ... g=nefd.top