Gas Prices

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Bio-Hazard wrote:Even mowing my grass is getting expensive, but then again, I'm push mowing around 2 acres I guess............ :shock:
Those "old fashioned" push mowers are actually really easy to use nowadays, they're not hard to push and don't need gas. I used one for awhile when I was younger as a 'punishment' but it wasn't much harder than an ordinary walk behind mower once you get it going...just thought I'd throw the info out there. I think they even make self propelled electric models now...

As for riding the old bike, I wished I lived close enough to anywhere for that to be feasiable...oh well, guess I'll stick with my little Japanese car.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Darkstar wrote:OK, how many people carpool here?
I carpooled for years, until the guys I carpooled with stopped. One got a new job that cut 95 miles off his 130 a daily round trip he was driving. The other guy started to coach his boys sports teams. So now he drives straight to practices.

To make matters worse now that I have a new position in the company, it means I will have to work late some nights and come in early some others. so I can't car pool with anyone outside of the office, and no one in the office lives near me.

I thought about getting a bike, but its a 36 miles door to door. It could be done but not worth it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

yeah, nothing like getting up at 3 am to show up at work at 9! You would get about enough time to get home and sleep a few hours then get up and ride right back to work.

you would be plenty fit though!
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

My distance to work is 5.5 miles door-to-door. It's not bad, and I can do it usually in 20~25mins on the bike.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

mine is 22 miles... definately not biking distance! it is all hilly too
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

nothing better than riding to work in 90 degree heat in a suit and tie 10 or 20 miles.

i only live a few miles from work, i stopped going home for lunch everyday and save my self close to $100 a month.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

buy a harley some of them bikes get close to 60 miles to the gallon.
Tech_Greek
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tech_Greek »

I used to race...a lot, now i can't afford a single part for my car in a month if I hit the track up...it's giving me al ot more incentive to go back to Street Racing I can tell you that much.
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

The fact that I want to drive a muscle car for my first car makes me hate gas prices... :cry:
IssE
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by IssE »

The Black Pumpkin wrote:The fact that I want to drive a muscle car for my first car makes me hate gas prices... :cry:
hahaha.. I want a bmw 3 series for my first car :)...

Yes.. i have seen the gas prices.. here in Manitoba.. like 2-3 weeks ago.. the gas price per liter jumped by 20 cents.. and my dad was telling me how when he owned his first car he could fill up the tank with 20 dollars.. It costs $70 to fill up the car now.. :( dam prices!..
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

IssE wrote:
The Black Pumpkin wrote:Yes.. i have seen the gas prices.. here in Manitoba.. like 2-3 weeks ago.. the gas price per liter jumped by 20 cents.. and my dad was telling me how when he owned his first car he could fill up the tank with 20 dollars.. It costs $70 to fill up the car now.. :( dam prices!..
Gas prices aren't directly comparable over long periods of time like this. Simply because of inflation, $20 from 1980 is equal to about $55 from today, in purchasing power for any products. Adjusted for inflation, the price of gas is still below that from the 1979 energy crisis.
maj0r_pawnage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by maj0r_pawnage »

wow exxon has 410billion revenue ..
E6300 @ 3.51GHz 1.392v
Asus Maximus Formula
Antec 550Watt Psu
Mushkin DDR-1206@ 5-5-5-15 / 2.28v
Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7700
6408800GTS(OC 691MHz Core/2.132GHz Mem)
2x80mm case fans +2x120mm case fans
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I paid 2.99 for gas two days ago. too bad I already had a half a tank of gas in the car!
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

smack323 wrote:nothing better than riding to work in 90 degree heat in a suit and tie 10 or 20 miles.

i only live a few miles from work, i stopped going home for lunch everyday and save my self close to $100 a month.

Suit -n- tie, no way. I ride early enough to prevent the sweating and my work place has showers in the locker room just off of the bathrooms. I usually ride in with jeans and a t-shirt.

Now, on the ride home, it's heat wave sweat at times, but a cool breeze since I live in an area of two great lakes, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario near Niagara Falls. There is usually a constant cool breeze in the Niagara region in the summer time. :)
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights