Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3 See Low Sales Numbers

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
prozac26
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3 See Low Sales Numbers

Post by prozac26 »

stopthekilling77 wrote:id guess that people dont want to spend $2000 on a pc to buy an expensive game on when they could just keep their system and play less expensive games
Yea, not to mention Crysis is still a bitch to run.

Plus, many people bootleg the game as well, remember Crysis was leaked to torrent before it was released, that doesn't help neither.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Crysis doesn't really require a beafy PC to run. Knock down the resolution and bump up the prettiness and it runs fine.

I run at lowest res and high to medium settings with an AMD Athlon 4000+, and a 7600gt. Why can't other people do that? It still looks beautiful.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Apparently crysis went platinum recently which means it has sold over 1 million copies.

Dam
Image (<- Clickable)
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

I have a pretty good computer and from reading online it would chug on Crysis. So my attitude is: Why bother?

After all, I can wait another year and have a system that can play it at full settings and at the same time buy it for under $30.
pmanipole
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by pmanipole »

i play it at 1680*1050 with 2AA and 16af. outdoors it gets alittle choppy with alot of action going on but it is still playable. indoors it runs great. this was one of the few games that i played all the way thru. most games get boring after several hours but this one and COD4 i keep replaying levels to see if i can do better. i am thinking of getting another 8800gts for some SLI goodness to help turn the eyecandy up all the way.
Davo26
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Davo26 »

I think the problem is that ATI keep cocking up their GPU's, and this doesn't put Nvidia under any pressure to release a proper update of the 8800GTX, ie, something twice as powerful without the instability of a SLI or X2.
On small monitors, hi-res isn't necessary anyway, or at least, not as critical as compared to 24in+.
If it doen't look good at 12x10, it won't floor you at 1920x1200.