Legit Workshop - April 30th

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
killdashnine
Legit User
Legit User

Post by killdashnine »

Tectonic wrote:I guarantee that the lack of tournaments was more than half the reason why many of the registered players didn't show up to the lan. There's just not as much motivation for many of us when there is nothing to be competing over.
We were completely aware going into this event that the lack of tournaments would decrease the overall turnout somewhat, but we think that the good weather, Prom, and Finals were more of a hindrance than anything. We enjoy having casual "No Frills" events every so often, but we can assure you that the next Warfactory event will return to Tournament mentality.
killdashnine
Warfactory Team Lead
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

lol, finals who the hell cares about that, i drove 5 hrs to STL and 5 hrs back and had a final on monday. Its all about the games damit... well that and the hardware.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

where do you go to school?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Belmont University Nashville TN.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

ah, ok cool. i'm gonna be heading to nashville in a couple weeks for my friend's wedding. he lives in nashville... he was a manager at an ebgames, but now he's the manager of the ebgames in a town called columbia. if you're ever around there, swing by the ebgames and talk to dan little. he's cool as hell and, in my opinion, overqualified for a job at ebgames. he's a badass at computer stuff... he went to computer tech schools and whatnot. he's working like 12 hrs/day at this job just to make some money for him and his soon-to-be wife.
killdashnine
Legit User
Legit User

Post by killdashnine »

infinitevalence wrote:lol, finals who the hell cares about that, i drove 5 hrs to STL and 5 hrs back and had a final on monday. Its all about the games damit... well that and the hardware.
Amen to that. College is a bit different, but if you keep up with classes, finals aren't all that bad. The thing I simply don't understand is how high-schoolers have to "study". Good lord, I never studied in high school and aced all my classes.
killdashnine
Warfactory Team Lead
BEan
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by BEan »

I hated high school, there were too many idiots around that were out just piss off everyone. I prefer college, its more of a relaxed pace.
puppetmasta
Legit User
Legit User

Post by puppetmasta »

killdashnine wrote:
infinitevalence wrote:lol, finals who the hell cares about that, i drove 5 hrs to STL and 5 hrs back and had a final on monday. Its all about the games damit... well that and the hardware.
Amen to that. College is a bit different, but if you keep up with classes, finals aren't all that bad. The thing I simply don't understand is how high-schoolers have to "study". Good lord, I never studied in high school and aced all my classes.
killdash, totally agree man. HS was easy as hell to do well at. I don't think i ever studied and I ended up with above a 4.0 :)

College on the other hand was a totally different ballgame. I don't think anyone could pass with flying colors unless they read the material and actually study it.
ZorPrime
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ZorPrime »

WF - Audiophile wrote: damn motherboard installers..... :lol:

And yes we are currently working on a tourny setup for the next go around. We are thinking CS:S (obviously) and then something off the beaten path to make life a little interesting. We'll see. :mrgreen:
Now now... Only thing that could of been wrong with it was memory. Learned that it is picky with memory, so I opt to buy another mobo since it is cheaper.

Tourney idea, who can beat you in Generals. But then again the LAN isn't long enough for that to happen. :mrgreen:
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i slacked off like crazy in high school, but my test scores were high enough to get me into all the schools i applied to (some even gave scholarships). i graduated with a 2.7 gpa.

****, what am i talking about... i STILL slack off... but now, the classes are actually interesting.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

yay! spam in a 2 year old thread :)
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

wtf?