OMG...Left4Dead

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: OMG...Left4Dead

Post by Tim Burton »

Dan and I had a blast the other day.

I just need to find a tutorial to get better at setting up servers so the guys I want to play with can enter first.

Thanks for the game Dan!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Tim Burton wrote:Dan and I had a blast the other day.

I just need to find a tutorial to get better at setting up servers so the guys I want to play with can enter first.

Thanks for the game Dan!
No worries, I had fun too :D

If you are talking about setting up lobbies, then start them as friends only, and send invites to the friends you want to play with. Then once they are in, open it up to being public so it can fill up.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I ended up getting this for my X360 rather than my PC so my friend and I could play through it together. Now I'm thinking I might have to get a copy just for the PC so I can get online as I don't pay for XBox live.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Get it for the PC or get live, as the magic of this game is playing with other people.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Skippman wrote:I ended up getting this for my X360 rather than my PC so my friend and I could play through it together. Now I'm thinking I might have to get a copy just for the PC so I can get online as I don't pay for XBox live.
Get the PC version. Best game I bought in a year, hands down great fun (except when you have the idiot dropping the F-bomb every 18 seconds).
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

So many people were complaining when it first came out that there are only 4 maps, though I keep hearing more and more about this game. I think it may be on par with TF2, and will really be awesome once the SDK is released.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

SDK and more maps are a must.

Game is fun, but it'd be 10 times more fun with more maps.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Can anyone explain why I don't earn achievements on the PC version? Are they only available on the X-360 version (which I also have)?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Are you playing online? With cheats disabled?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

it is also entirely possible that you just arent earning them, based on your sub par play yesterday :finga:
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

martini161 wrote:it is also entirely possible that you just arent earning them, based on your sub par play yesterday :finga:
When someone was letting the team down as much as you were, it's no wonder the rest of us were doing bad :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

martini161 wrote:it is also entirely possible that you just arent earning them, based on your sub par play yesterday :finga:

Whatever! You were AFK so much I thought you were baking a cake or something! :axe:

Hey, I was the last man standing, that's got to count for something! Ok, so maybe I wasn't standing... I was laying on the ground... bleeding.. but still!
[Betty has thrown a claw at Master Tang, the action freezes]
Master Tang: [voice over] Ok, so here were my options. (a), quickly duck left, dodge the claw and take him out with a spinning back kick, or (b), take the claw in the face, roll on the ground and die.
[action resumes, Tang gets hit with the claw]
Master Tang: Hmm, should have gone with (a).
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Steam has achievements, but they aren't connected to Xbox 360.

You can look at the list from the main menu.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

DMB2000uk wrote:
When someone was letting the team down as much as you were, it's no wonder the rest of us were doing bad :P

Dan
You have no room to talk. After our long adventure through No Mercy on expert.... I seriously cringe at the thought of you anywhere near me with a gun.

Shoot the infected..... not the survivors. =D>

haha, I'm kidding, we did alright. Expert is a beast though, I haven't played in almost a month and coming back to Expert wasn't the best idea :P

L4D is awesome....
EVGA 750i FTW // E8500 // EVGA GTX260 core216 OC // 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz // 150gb WD Raptor // Corsair TX 750w // Antec 1200