The Xbox 360 Pictures Leaked Before May Launch

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Xbox 360 Pictures Leaked Before May Launch

Post by Apoptosis »

It almost reminds me of an iPod, with its neutral colors and simple curved lines. Wonder what Apple thinks about this one!

It has also been confirmed that the Xbox 360 uses wireless controllers! It may also have customizable faceplates that can be switched out depending on mood or room surroundings!

Here is a shot of the wireless Xbox 360 controller, the Xbox Live headset, and an external camera.

Looks pretty cool!
fortytwo
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by fortytwo »

When I first saw the top image a few weeks ago, I figured it was just some fake mock-up that someone pieced together from funky shots found on ourcolony. If the bottom picture is for real, (and I'm guessing it is, because other images of the controller have been found), it looks like they haven't changed much about the controller. Personally, I'm glad. I've always preferred the Xbox controller over the PS2, but I'm sure there are plenty who would disagree with me.
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Topher »

I like the idea that Microsoft is making the new XBOX controller cross platform compatible with the PC. That was a good idea. And although the controller design is nothing spectacular, the control placements on it look to make it an easy to use device.

However, the new XBOX base unit design blows goats. It's boring little convex shape makes it look like a cartoonish little set top DVD player.

Call me old school, but I'm just not with this new trend of silver electronic components. I still prefer black components.
deadly-app
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by deadly-app »

THREE POWER PC 3.2GHZ CORES WITH SMT...

WATERCOOLED

512MB GDDR3 RAM
10MB ONBOARD GPU RDRAM

OMG srry for caps, but it had to be said, this thing is AWESOME
WF - Audiophile
Legit User
Legit User

Post by WF - Audiophile »

They still made the moron mistake of not making the case a box therefore not being able to stack it with existing home theatre setups. I would never buy one of these anyways however.
Warfactory LAN admin
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The thing you guys have to remember is that most of the people buying this thing dont have highend audio that is rack sized, most have nothing but a TV. For the average person this thing is perfect, they can use it for a CD player, DVD player and they dont need a whole bunch of other equipment to enjoy it.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I watched the MTV special on the Xbox 360 and wasn't that impressed at all. Not much info and was more fluff than anything else. I mean it was great to see some gamers get to go to Europe to see how a game is made, and that they had a FPS shooter here in the states with "stars", but I'm more interested in upcoming titles like Call Of Duty 2, and Quake 4. Funny I liked the 10 seconds of demos with those two titles over anything else on the entire show!
deadly-app
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by deadly-app »

I really liked the thing they have on the http://www.ourcolony.net site, I dunno if thats the same as the MTV thing or not. I'm more interested in the hardware aspect then the games it has yet :D
fortytwo
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by fortytwo »

Well, I for one was pissed about the original xbox, and the non-boxy shape of it. It made it hard to stack a dvd player, vcr, ps2, etc., on top if it. The concave design won't prohibit that, but it'll still not look right.

Time will tell. I hope Microsoft hasn't tipped their hand too soon.

I'll also say - with the removable 20GB hard drive, along with all of the other data access features, I'll bet money that Linux fans will have Linux running on the xbox 360 in no time.