St. Louis LAN Gaming - Warfactory LAN on March 29th 2009

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

St. Louis LAN Gaming - Warfactory LAN on March 29th 2009

Post by Apoptosis »

I just saw over at the Warfactory forums that they are planning a LAN on March 29th, 2009 here in St. Louis. I've already got it on my calendar, so if you are in the area you should check it out. Legit Reviews stopped by the last Warfactory LAN this Fall and had a great time.

XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: St. Louis LAN Gaming - Warfactory LAN on March 29th 2009

Post by XstollieX »

Hmm I might try and make the trek down there.
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

tempting. Gonna have to see what's going on in the next month or so with work before I can commit.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

DaIceMan wrote:tempting. Gonna have to see what's going on in the next month or so with work before I can commit.
Brian said you can crash at his place!
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Apoptosis wrote:
DaIceMan wrote:tempting. Gonna have to see what's going on in the next month or so with work before I can commit.
Brian said you can crash at his place!
Figured that was a given with a White Castle just over the hill. :) Depends on which of you get 60Mbps internet first. :lol:
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

OOPs just realized thats the weekend of my wedding anniversary. That would incur major spousal aggro!
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

XstollieX wrote:OOPs just realized thats the weekend of my wedding anniversary. That would incur major spousal aggro!
Sounds more like a good idea for a wedding present!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

vicaphit wrote:
XstollieX wrote:OOPs just realized thats the weekend of my wedding anniversary. That would incur major spousal aggro!
I'm not gonna push it! she just let me order the mobo for the phenom II this week. Besides I'm sure every guy in the area felt it get colder with the look she gave me when I started talking about going to st. louis the last weekend in march.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

XstollieX wrote:
vicaphit wrote:
I'm not gonna push it! she just let me order the mobo for the phenom II this week. Besides I'm sure every guy in the area felt it get colder with the look she gave me when I started talking about going to st. louis the last weekend in march.
lol! if that was my wife it probably would have turned into that scene from scanners :lol:
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

i'll have to see what work says but I haven't been to a LAN in a while. What's the big LAN games these days? COD?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

wonder if this is still a go... just a couple weeks out basically...

actually - http://www.warfactory.net/forums/topic. ... 1#post-246

Looks like this is a Webster Computer Club Event and nothing to do with War Factory as they are just promoting it...

http://www.wucclub.com/lan/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
killdashnine
Legit User
Legit User

Post by killdashnine »

Yep, the event happened as planned. Being on-campus was an asset, but the date wasn't my choice of course and probably made a bunch of folks skip it. I'd rather be LANning on any given Sunday, esp. with the alternatives ...

The great thing about this one was that there was a good mix of people, split between console and PC gamers. We had a handful of tournament PCs for anyone to use and ended up going "old school" with some CS, Half-Life DM, and Team Fortress Classic amongst other PC games. I forgot how much fun the crowbar was ;) We ended up having about 16 people play Halo 3 at one point, which was actually fun because we didn't do any formal tournament or have any expectations. Seeing PC and Console gamers play side by side without bias was a first for me ... particularly because some folks who were more console gamers used the open PCs to check out CS and HLDM too.

Lots of people are saying that LANs are dead; don't believe them. There's good reason to pack up your equipment and game.
killdashnine
Warfactory Team Lead
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

killdashnine wrote:Yep, the event happened as planned. Being on-campus was an asset, but the date wasn't my choice of course and probably made a bunch of folks skip it. I'd rather be LANning on any given Sunday, esp. with the alternatives ...

The great thing about this one was that there was a good mix of people, split between console and PC gamers. We had a handful of tournament PCs for anyone to use and ended up going "old school" with some CS, Half-Life DM, and Team Fortress Classic amongst other PC games. I forgot how much fun the crowbar was ;) We ended up having about 16 people play Halo 3 at one point, which was actually fun because we didn't do any formal tournament or have any expectations. Seeing PC and Console gamers play side by side without bias was a first for me ... particularly because some folks who were more console gamers used the open PCs to check out CS and HLDM too.

Lots of people are saying that LANs are dead; don't believe them. There's good reason to pack up your equipment and game.
we had a few people here interested in going.... too bad their e-mail address bounced and no one could be talked to.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!