Call of Duty:5 1.2-1.4 patch fails :FIXED:

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Call of Duty:5 1.2-1.4 patch fails :FIXED:

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Fails with 1628: install failed blah blah blah...

Anyone else having this problem that HAS A FIX!! I have tried the Run as, tried clearing temp folder, clearing out install shield processes. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS %^&#$^%^#$@#$% ME OFF!!

Nothing but trouble with this game and patches. 1.2 and 1.3 were a pain having to use the run as, which i have never had to do before.

Also why is it soooooo hard to even acquire patches for PC games. Sign up for this, sign up for that!!! OH AND AFTER YOU SIGN UP WERE GOING TO CAP YOUR DOWNLOAD!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ive Never been soo infuriated!! SORRY GUYS!! This is the ROYALLY PISSED OFF in me coming out.

On top of which, Activision doesnt even have a contact us that works!! JOY!

:drinkers: time
Last edited by Dragon_Cooler on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Call of Duty:5 1.2-1.4 patch fails

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Anger is over and I have vented. It was rough and sorry to have done that...LOL

I have windows XP 64Bit and so far with all the research i have done, apparently its the only OS this patch is not compatible with. What made me upset the most was I had to reformat my computer not knowing the account was stored locally. So i had to work back up to where i left off. The day after I got to where i left off, I couldnt play because of the update and may never be able to play again on my XP system. UHG!!!

ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO FIND A FIX!?!!???! PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Call of Duty:5 1.2-1.4 patch fails

Post by vicaphit »

Um, patch yourself to Vista x64?

Sorry man, that is my only answer. If the patch doesn't support your OS what else can you do?
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Call of Duty:5 1.2-1.4 patch fails :FIXED:

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

:FIXED:

1) Click on Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy
2) Right click on Software Restriction Policies and select New Software Restriction Policies from the popup menu.
3) Left click on Software Restriction Policies, right click on Enforcement, and select Properties from the popup menu.
4) Under Apply software restriction policies to the following users: click All users except local administrators. Click the Apply and OK button
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Horray! sorry for my negative comment
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

No need for an apology. I was out of line for venting my frustration in a public forum. Im just glad there was a fix and I HOPE EVEN MORE that it will help many others in the future that have this issue. I know when i was googling it to find fixes, this thread was 1st on google every time. :)
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

I love people that vent there frustrations in a forum then provide the solution themselves! It's helped me a lot while learning all this new fangle computer stuff. Glad you found a fix and hope tons of folks benefit from it. :drinkers:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Yeah, just like Nate's TV blue dots fix.
----
Andy

kore666
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by kore666 »

so wtf i have XP and as im doin number on one the list.
i go to Adminstative Tools and Local Securtiy Policy isnt listd
there is only: Component Services,Computer Management,Data Sources (ODBC),Event Viewr,Performance, and services
and Local Security Policy is no where to be found. where can i find it or somethin similar.

1) Click on Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy
2) Right click on Software Restriction Policies and select New Software Restriction Policies from the popup menu.
3) Left click on Software Restriction Policies, right click on Enforcement, and select Properties from the popup menu.
4) Under Apply software restriction policies to the following users: click All users except local administrators. Click the Apply and OK button
Doomboy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Doomboy »

thanks