World of Warcraft

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Soliex
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

World of Warcraft

Post by Soliex »

Anyone in these forums play this game? i do and i play on Mannoroth PVP US server
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Not yet...

Heard nothing but good things tough..
Is it only multiplayer?
Just I like to play that sort of game in work, but the damn proxy :(
Venge
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Venge »

Yeah its only multiplayer on blizzards servers which is why you have to pay a subscription every month or something.

Not my cup of tea to be honest but from the mates i know who play it they say it is very addictive
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Feck.....
Forget that then...

Cheers
Ken
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Yeah too addictive, I don't have that kind of time to kill- well I do but school would go in the dumps.
Yuriman
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Yuriman »

My friend got his character to level 60 (the highest level in the game), and he said he felt kinda empty. Like he lost 1000 hours of his life. He said, through the entire game, you really don't have fun. But you expect that every time you level up things will be better because you have access to new areas. I myself played for a short time, but I quite because I thought it was pointless and repetative. I am not somebody's slave, I don't like fetching items for people for hours on end each day.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Yuriman wrote:My friend got his character to level 60 (the highest level in the game), and he said he felt kinda empty. Like he lost 1000 hours of his life. He said, through the entire game, you really don't have fun. But you expect that every time you level up things will be better because you have access to new areas. I myself played for a short time, but I quite because I thought it was pointless and repetative. I am not somebody's slave, I don't like fetching items for people for hours on end each day.
Then I would have to say most MMORPG's aren't for you. You should maybe stick to FPS games instead. AN MMORPG that you may like, and I disliked, was Shadowbane. No questing, which I found lame. I thought it was difficult to level up fast and get anywhere fast. I know it took me like an hour to walk from one persons town to the next...

But each to his own, right?
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Yuriman
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Yuriman »

Naa, I rather like guild wars.

EDIT: Come to think of it.. GW isn't really an MMO anyway. :roll:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hmm, I liked DAOC, so I think I'll like WoW; it has a bunch of the same elements of DAOC (classes, professions, summoning "sickness" etc); might have to preview it first so I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't settle well with me; as for the graphics, it looks great.
teer
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by teer »

I beta tested planetside. Dunno if people still play that though. But from that experience I had no interest in mmorpg anymore. But it is fun for some timekilling. Although I wanted to try wow I just don't have time so coughing up game money plus monthly fees sucks.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Yuriman wrote:Naa, I rather like guild wars.

Guild Wars is an MMO, but not an MMORPG! :P MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online... I think you can figure out what RPG is.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Kevin007
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Kevin007 »

I've been thinking about getting guild wars..I was going to try that free trial.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

NAiLs wrote:

Guild Wars is an MMO, but not an MMORPG! :P MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online... I think you can figure out what RPG is.
RPG = Role Playing Game

I've managed to borrow a friends install CD's and account to try this game out. Created a character and got it up to level 4. It's kinda fun and seems pretty dynamic with A LOT of options to explore within the game. It's fun with nice graphics, but I can't see buying the game and then still having to pay every month to play it. If I didn't have to pay the monthly fee I would probably play it more.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

gvblake22 wrote:
NAiLs wrote:

RPG = Role Playing Game
Aww! You ruined the fun! :P

WoW is pretty good. I didn't like the idea of paying to play, but I still do. I've been playing it since it came out.

I have a 10-day trial key that Blizzard e-mailed me, to give to a friend. I'd be willing to give that key to someone if A. They can get their hands on a copy of WoW to install it on their system. B. They will end up buying the game afterwards, or as Blizzard puts it, upgrading to a full account. That one expires in November I think. I also have a second 10-day trial that I got with my CE, but that one is going to a local friend.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

[quote="NAiLs]Aww! You ruined the fun! :P [/quote]

LOL, I misread what you wrote and thought you were actually asking what RPG stood for, lol #-o
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

lol, someone forgot their head today :finga: ; school didn't fry your brain already did it Blake :lol:
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

killswitch83 wrote:lol, someone forgot their head today :finga: ; school didn't fry your brain already did it Blake :lol:
:P
pabrimmer
Legit User
Legit User

Post by pabrimmer »

I've been playing since April and really like it. I'm on the Archimonde server. I think that soloing can get pretty repetitive (probably in any mmorpg, although this is my first, so who knows), but I play a priest, so I'm almost always grouped up. The healer role probably suits me best as far as my fun factor goes; it's a little like being the goalie. As nice as it is to get into a strong, balanced group, it's almost more fun to heal for a group that's in a bit over its head. With that kind of group, I get to feel pretty good when I manage to keep them alive!
Donde esta the hotel we're staying at?
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

pabrimmer wrote:I've been playing since April and really like it. I'm on the Archimonde server. I think that soloing can get pretty repetitive (probably in any mmorpg, although this is my first, so who knows), but I play a priest, so I'm almost always grouped up. The healer role probably suits me best as far as my fun factor goes; it's a little like being the goalie. As nice as it is to get into a strong, balanced group, it's almost more fun to heal for a group that's in a bit over its head. With that kind of group, I get to feel pretty good when I manage to keep them alive!
I think I have a level 15 Human Paladin on that server. I stopped playing it because that server sucks hardcore. It lagged all the time, which I found extremely pathetic.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Hmm, did the bandwidth kept being exceeded? or was the server a piece?