Doom the movie will it be good? Poll

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!

Doom the movie will it be good?

yes
28%
no
72%

Total votes: 18

nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Doom the movie will it be good? Poll

Post by nightblood »

Will this movie be any good?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

it better be!
[AK]Zip
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by [AK]Zip »

Sadly to say as I am a doom fan I don't think it will be good at all.. :(
  • Corsair 800D | Corsair HX850W | LG 20X DVD+/-RW | TRUE 120 | Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz (200X21, 1.275v) | Intel X25-M G2 120GB | 2 - WD Green 2TB | 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3 12800 | EVGA X58 SLI | X-Fi Platinum | EVGA GTX 480 (780/1970)
  • Dell U2311H 23in (IPS) | Saitek Eclipse II | Razer Boomslang 2007 CE | Razer Exactmat
Heatware 90-0
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

I don't think it'll be good either.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i'm pretty sure it's not gonna be good... rumor has it that it doesn't even involve hell at all. it's all some weird genetic experiments gone wrong.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

audiophile wrote:i'm pretty sure it's not gonna be good... rumor has it that it doesn't even involve hell at all. it's all some weird genetic experiments gone wrong.
And you would be right.

*cough* And guess where the screenplay author stole the plot from?

It's sad to see the DOOM series soiled on by Hollywood profiteers. :?
JTanczos
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by JTanczos »

Sadly I believe it will suck. They changed the entire story around. Reminds me of a mix of resident evil and descent. Watching the previews it looked like it was going to be a lot of watching the opening demos of doom 3. :( Why no hell? Hollywood trying to clean up their act? Where do you get those giant beasts from, human experiments? Human can turn into giant dog like creatures without having evil spirits? Ghostbusters even used evil spirit dogs to tell the story. What the hell IS that crap?

*thumbs down* I doubt I will pay full price to see it. Maybe afternoon at the most. $1 rental section at the least.

JT
Heretic
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Heretic »

I just don't understand how you can do Doom without Hell. It just doesn't make any sense!

Hollywood only had to do a few things to make a Doom movie: include big guns, big explosions, and Hell demons. Such an easy concept and they couldn't even get it right :(

I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD (unlimited rentals at Blockbuster are nice in times like these)
nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by nightblood »

I watched Doom today.

I thought it was pretty good. Lots of action, interesting characters and it was unpredictable.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Heretic wrote:I just don't understand how you can do Doom without Hell. It just doesn't make any sense!

Hollywood only had to do a few things to make a Doom movie: include big guns, big explosions, and Hell demons. Such an easy concept and they couldn't even get it right :(

I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD (unlimited rentals at Blockbuster are nice in times like these)
Well damn, what's next, they turn Diablo into a movie and not mention Hell, lol :rolleyes:
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

I'm gonna guess NO; mostly just because The Rock is in it..... :roll:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Man, I still remember back in the day when WWE was actually WWF still. Degeneration X was making fun of the Rock and his group. Mark Henry (the fat one) was being made fun of, talking about, "Well, it smells like s**t, but I'll eat some anyway", rofl (either X-Pac or the Road Dog was imitating that one, lol). God I miss the real WWF, and not this crap they have on today (yeah I realize it's all just soap opera-like anyways, but you have to admit these idiots today are just that....idiotic, not to mention their "back stories" and beefs and whatnot.) Anywho, yeah the Rock sucks as an actor, needs a few more years.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Just saw it today... not the worst movie i have seen but not very good, i was less entertained than i expected to be.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

I can't get onto IMDB, but Rottentomatoes is getting bad reviews up.

Right now:

Reviews counted: 79
Fresh: 16 Rotten: 63
"Lacking in anything that could remotely be considered fun, entertaining or enjoyable"
-- Stefan Halley, HERO REALM
"Fans of the game would rather play it themselves than watch someone else do it for them."
-- Daniel M. Kimmel, WORCESTER TELEGRAM & GAZETTE
"Doom becomes tedious in a hurry."
-- Paul Doro, MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL
"This movie proves that the best place to enjoy a video game is in your living room with a cordless precision controller iron-gripped in your sweaty hands."
-- Malene Arpe, TORONTO STAR
"It's unfathomable how many times Hollywood has struck out in attempts to convert popular video/computer games into movies. This is the kind of misfire that reinforces negative stereotypes."
-- James Berardinelli, REELVIEWS

Looks like to me, a movie to rent, not to waste your money on in the theatres or buying. I'll stick with Land of the Dead! :P It's close enough to Doom and looking to be a million times better! :)
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
JTanczos
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by JTanczos »

Why is it that they have to really screw up such great stories with such crappy writers/directors. I would love to see a starcraft or diablo movie done by GOOD writers. Warcraft would be good but it takes so many elements from LoTR that it would be very similar. If they could make an interesting story it might be good.

I doubt I will go see it unless someone else pays for me to go. Renting it when it hits the $1 section.

JT
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Hollywood hasn't put out an original or creative movie in quite awhile..... and I think critics are on the take. I took my wife to see "A History of Violence" a couple of weeks ago because they were talking Oscar..... and it might have been one of the three worst movies I have ever seen.... pure crap. We also saw "Mr and Mrs Smith" which also sucked ass big time......would have been at least bareable had Angelina Jolie gotten naked, but just a horrible movie.
To be honest, I can't remember the last movie i saw that really impressed me.
Last edited by LVCapo on Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTanczos
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by JTanczos »

Batman begins was pretty good IMO. Only one I liked that comes to mind. The final weapon was out there but other than that it was good. :)

JT
[AK]Zip
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by [AK]Zip »

The movie was meh. It could have been worse though.
  • Corsair 800D | Corsair HX850W | LG 20X DVD+/-RW | TRUE 120 | Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz (200X21, 1.275v) | Intel X25-M G2 120GB | 2 - WD Green 2TB | 6GB OCZ Platinum PC3 12800 | EVGA X58 SLI | X-Fi Platinum | EVGA GTX 480 (780/1970)
  • Dell U2311H 23in (IPS) | Saitek Eclipse II | Razer Boomslang 2007 CE | Razer Exactmat
Heatware 90-0
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah I saw it tonight and it wasn't bad and I took a friend who thought it would suck and never heard of the Doom game series and she enjoyed it.