PC: Rage Sound Issues

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

PC: Rage Sound Issues

Post by Major_A »

I've read a lot of commands and config edits but I have yet to come across my personal issue. WTH is going on? And why are the sounds fine but the dialogue is FUBAR?
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: PC: Rage Sound Issues

Post by Major_A »

I fixed the issue by reinstalling the game. Before I did that I installed the latest beta drivers off of Creative's website. So either the drivers or the reinstall fixed it. I'm starting to think I'd be better off using the onboard Realtek HD soundcard. Realtek updates their drivers once a month. The last non-beta driver Creative has for my card is over a year old.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

that was messed up..

My solution would be to play it on a console ;)

:beatdeadhorse:

Any feedback on the game?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I've played the game a bit - there are a crapload of people having major issues with the game - crashing, tearing, framerates, etc (check the Steam/Rage forum). Bethesda says it's the vid card drivers and NVIDIA/AMD are supposed to release updated ones any time now so we'll see. It doesn't surprise me about the sound issues. I've really had no technical issues playing it at all although I'm not convinced the graphics quality is what it should be.

As for the gameplay:
> I like that it's a lot like Oblivion and the latest fallout. Same type of game.
> I like that you get vehicles to drive around from place to plance
> I dislike the racing part of the game needed to earn upgrades to the cars. If I wanted play a racing game, I'd buy a racing game. Apparently this is a selling point of the game and if you like racing games you may enjoy it but for me, it takes away from the rest of the game. IMO game that tries to appeal to everyone, appeals to no one.
> It's not truly an open world design which gives it more of a console feel. Other than the driving between places, most of the rest of the environment is linear with little freedom to take unconventional routes.
> Some of the cut scenes take too long for me and some characters are annoying like the people you buy supplies from. Every time you approach them, they say the same tired lines forcing you to wait until you can get down to business. A minor annoyance but poor design IMO.
Joe
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Apoptosis wrote:Any feedback on the game?
Haven't really played it. I just started it up to see if the pop-in texture thing was going to be an issue. I was greeted with the sound issue. I've since ran a couple of tweaks that have seemed to have helped.

Link to help create game cache:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryK2PErQQc

Link to use custom video options:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2156747

I ran the High config but it would lock up the game. At which point I started deleting lines I deemed unimportant to me. After deleting the offending line/command (don't remember what it was) the game works fine and the pop-in is hardly noticeable.

*EDIT*
Looking at the posted config files it appears they have added more since I snagged it yesterday around 8PM.

*EDIT 2*
It appears nVidia isn't happy with the visuals out of the box either. They have a small write up and config file suggestions of their own.
http://www.geforce.com/News/articles/ho ... ple-tweaks