What games are you looking forward to? 2011/2012

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

What games are you looking forward to? 2011/2012

Post by Skippman »

So as I'm getting ready to assemble my rig a though crossed my mind about what games I'm looking forward to playing in the next year or so, both on my new PC and my consoles. I was interested to see what everyone else is looking forward to.

My list in no particular order:

Battlefield 3 - While I've played it for a few seconds here and there I won't be able to really dig into it until this things put together.
Skyrim - A Bethesda game? SOLD
Mass Effect 3 - The conclusion of the trilogy! I love what BioWare has done with it! I'm not to keen on the multiplayer but apparently that's required now in order to sell games.
Tomb Raider - I like the looks of the reboot. Very gritty and an almost Uncharted level of cinematic-ness to it.
FarCry 3 - Finally! Back to the islands! I'm getting tired of deserts.
Max Payne 3 - I hold out hope this will be awesome. It IS from Rockstar.

And, of course, Bioshock Infinate!

I was hoping XCOM would be closer to the original and nothing in the trailers has given me any hope that it will be anything other than a rip off of Resistance.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: What games are you looking forward to? 2011/2012

Post by Sttm »

Max Payne 3 - I hold out hope this will be awesome. It IS from Rockstar.
I hope it will even be on PC and they don't skip it like they did Red Dead.

Otherwise I was in the BF3 beta, but didn't care for it enough to buy it at release. So I am going to pick that up either as christmas gift or when it goes on sale. And speaking of Betas, I am also in the Diablo 3 beta, which so far is just awful and I wont be buying that. Oh and I was/am in the Star Wars Beta, but its also not something I will buy.

Then I do want to play Skyrim, but I learned my lesson with Bethesda last year on Fallout New Vegas, which is that Bethesda puts out insanely buggy **** that by the time it gets patched costs half of what it does at release. So in 3-4 months when its patched and works properly on PC and costs only $30 i'll snap that up, instead paying $60 for a broken game right now.

I already got Mass Effect 3 pre ordered, N7 Collectors Edition! I havent even played the first game, bought the second one on a steam sale last year and It blew me away. Then I bought all the DLC, and now I'm pumped about the 3rd game.

Far Cry 3 im going to wait awhile on I think and see how it turns out. I didnt like the second one, and I thought Crysis 2 was mediocre at best and really screwed up the storyline. I dont have any faith in Crytek anymore.

Guild Wars 2 is probably the game I am most looking forward too. I am a long time WoW player and I like having that persistent online world and the fantasy pvp style, but WoW has been going downhill at an alarming rate and heading into Kung Fu Panda territory and Guild Wars 2 looks like it will be a great replacement, with modern graphics, fast paced action, and no monthly fee.

That said I probably will still buy the next WoW expansion, only just to see how big of a train wreck it is.

Call of Duty could prove interesting. MW3 was the end of MW series I think. Seemed like an end of the trilogy type thing. So they could start a new one, or they might do another one off like Black Ops or World at War. I like CoD single player, have since the beginning. Something about it just resonates with me.

Also Respawn, the company created by the guys behind Modern Warfare 1 and 2 who got fired by Activision and are in a huge lawsuit with them now, should be coming out with a game this year?

What else:

Firefall is looking pretty cool to me. Its a Free to Play, 3rd person MMO shooter.
The F2P Mechwarrior Game possibly.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

IF Mechwarrior ever sees the light of day I'll be intensely excited about it!

As for Bethesda, really Fallout New Vegas isn't entirely their fault but more that of Obsidian. Obsidian has always been much better at writing stories than game engines and they did heavily modify the GameBryo engine for New Vegas. Oblivion was pretty fault free so I have confidence Skyrim will be to. It's the only fantasy series I can get into anymore, especially now that all others seem to be MMO only which is not my scene.
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

Battlefield 3, just picked up during the EA 50% off sale. I guess the next one that I am looking forward to would be Borderlands 2.