DOOM3 release set: 8-03-2004

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

DOOM3 release set: 8-03-2004

Post by Apoptosis »

GameStop has Pre-Orders for $54.99!!
Official launch date of August 3rd, 2004 confirmed!
DOOM 3 - id Software's terrifying battle with the forces of Hell. A massive demonic invasion has overwhelmed the Union Aerospace Corporations' (UAC) Mars Research Facility leaving only chaos and horror in its wake. As one of only a few survivors, you struggle with shock and fear as you fight your way to Hell and back, in an epic clash against pure evil. Built on id's revolutionary new 3D graphics engine, DOOM 3 draws you into the most frightening and gripping 3D gaming experience ever created.
This is only a couple weeks before QuakeCon 2004 down in Dallas and you better bet that it will be the best LAN Party of the year. I myself and a few of my close friends will be traveling from St. Louis to Dallas for Quakecon. Let me know if you are heading down and we will have to party!
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

I wonder if they will release a DVD version of this also instead of a 5+ CD only version.

Alister
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I bet they will as it is much cheaper for them to produce 1 dvd than it is 5 cd's meaning that the cost of materials is less so they make more money off each sale.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah it may be cheaper, but look at Farcry... Europe has DVD's while the USA has 5 discs.. :( Good thing I got the DVD version!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I imagin that it will be avalible in both formats. just check the box.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

infinitevalence wrote:I imagin that it will be avalible in both formats. just check the box.
I hope they do, but about the only recent game to release to come out on DVD and CD in the US was UT 2004. The DVD version was only a limited release (I was lucky enough to get one :D ) and sales were so good that they brought back the DVD release minus the headset. FarCry came out only on CD (5 CDs at that) in the US but they had a DVD release in Europe. I was going to buy FarCry until I saw how many CDs it was.

Alister