Madden 2006...

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Madden 2006...

Post by Imakeholesinu »

Is it just me or has the madden series passing gotten completely ridiculous? I started a franchise and did a fantasy draft as the Raiders and took Big Ben, Javon Walker, Anquon Boldin, and Clinton Portis in the backfield. Through 8 weeks, Ben averages 2 picks a game with 1 TD pass. I have yet to reach 1000 yards passing. The whole concept behind the QB eye is ridiculous. Why can Tom Brady see 2/3's of the field and Big ben can't? Hell, why can Trent Green see 2/3's of the field and Big ben barely sees 1/20th? I don't get it at all.

Running game is way to powerful and effective. Also, they still haven't figured out how to adjust the play clock like they have with the NHL series so you cannot sit on the ball if you are winning with 2 minutes left in the half. It is mind numbingly unfair that 3 minutes of the quarter are regulation while the other 2 minutes I can't do anything but burn timeouts as the opposition kneels on the ball reatedly.

The button scheme is screwed up as well. Why would I have my running back who is on a bootleg pattern bound to button six on the right when his route takes him to the left?

I'm crying, but the raiders are now 4-3 and 2 games behind the Broncos. Hopefully I can pull it out and save the season and make the playoffs.
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Any idea when Madden '07 is coming out? My friend loves the games...
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Imakeholesinu »

Probably august. Usually right when the preseason starts it comes out.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

go skins!
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

I have no problem passing, maybe you should tighten ur skills :P

and yes... Skins RULE!
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

dude skins are so gonna put the hurt on the nfc this season....
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Madden 2006...

Post by werewolfdaddy »

Imakeholesinu wrote:Is it just me or has the madden series passing gotten completely ridiculous? I started a franchise and did a fantasy draft as the Raiders and took Big Ben, Javon Walker, Anquon Boldin, and Clinton Portis in the backfield. Through 8 weeks, Ben averages 2 picks a game with 1 TD pass. I have yet to reach 1000 yards passing. The whole concept behind the QB eye is ridiculous. Why can Tom Brady see 2/3's of the field and Big ben can't? Hell, why can Trent Green see 2/3's of the field and Big ben barely sees 1/20th? I don't get it at all.

Running game is way to powerful and effective. Also, they still haven't figured out how to adjust the play clock like they have with the NHL series so you cannot sit on the ball if you are winning with 2 minutes left in the half. It is mind numbingly unfair that 3 minutes of the quarter are regulation while the other 2 minutes I can't do anything but burn timeouts as the opposition kneels on the ball reatedly.

The button scheme is screwed up as well. Why would I have my running back who is on a bootleg pattern bound to button six on the right when his route takes him to the left?

I'm crying, but the raiders are now 4-3 and 2 games behind the Broncos. Hopefully I can pull it out and save the season and make the playoffs.
You can turn off the QB vision if it bothers you. It's all about timing as far as you success level goes. I can normally score over 200 points in a game with 5 min quarters. Ofcourse, I've played Madden since the first one, which is over 10 years ago. Heck I've been playing football games since the first hand held one with the players represented by dashes on an old lit display. It's hard to explain. Mine was like this one but a little newer and green. http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/FB.htm

Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

I love the QB vision part of Madden 06. It makes it so much more realistic and challenging. No more dropping back 30 yards and then hail marrying it to a wide open WR. I hate playing games that I always win at and the older versions of Madden, as well as NCAA Football, were far too easy to master and thus leaving you waiting for the next edition after a few months of playing.

I can't think of anything that Madden can add to the 07 game that 06 already doesn't have in place. There's only so far that they can take the graphics, unless of course you own an XBox360 or can afford the new PS3, once Sony works all the bugs out of it. I wish that EA would incorporate some of the ESPN 2K series functions into the Madden series to beef up play.
sparkn
Legit User
Legit User

Post by sparkn »

I used to have that pocket football game! And the basketball and baseball one. Wore the hell out of some 9V batteries until I got a power supply from Radio Shack for it.

As for Big Ben, you'd think wearing a helmet on the field would give him the sense to wear it on a motorcycle, too. :P (just kidding, it's his life and he can live it the way he wants to)
Kurgan
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Kurgan »

Through 8 weeks, Ben averages 2 picks a game with 1 TD pass.
Consider yourself lucky... he doesn't fair too well against a sedan. One sack gets you loss of all your teeth, broken nose, 9" gash in your head, two injured knees and express trip to the windshield of your choice. Apparanltly Ben's qb vision while on a Suzuki is only 1/50th of the road. OPPS!
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

Kurgan wrote:
Through 8 weeks, Ben averages 2 picks a game with 1 TD pass.
Consider yourself lucky... he doesn't fair too well against a sedan. One sack gets you loss of all your teeth, broken nose, 9" gash in your head, two injured knees and express trip to the windshield of your choice. Apparanltly Ben's qb vision while on a Suzuki is only 1/50th of the road. OPPS!
That's harsh. :axe: Look out, Ben!!!