Any Point to Oblivion after you beat the Main Quest?

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any Point to Oblivion after you beat the Main Quest?

Post by dicecca112 »

Just finished the main quest waiting for my new armor.

Is it really worth it to play the side quests that I have left in people's opinion?

Really don't know what I have to play next.

No money to get any new games, Have Fable Lost Chapters here, I guess I could play.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Not really answering your question, but try Frets On Fire and Plasma Pong. Two awesome, yet 100% free games, I will admit that they cant live upto the sheer epicness, engrossment or graphical prettieness of things like oblivion though. But definately worth some jamming on.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Shorty Lickens
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Shorty Lickens »

There are a ton of quests outside the main one, so if you like the game then "yes" it is worth playing.

The first time I went through I had done just about every single side quest and when I finished the main, I lost interest.

Went back awhile late and started another game. This time I'll race through the main story and the side quests will seem like a nice leisurely way to continue.
Also, the expansion is now out. Even if you dont want to get it right away I would continue all the little quests, just to give your character something to do and some more experience.

Also forgot about some of the mods out there right now. People are already starting to make new regions and quests.
Life is the Emporers currency.
Spend it well.
xh1r0
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xh1r0 »

Fable was entertaining for a bit, although after Oblivion the linear story might seem a little simple.

Have you tried the Dungeon Runners beta? Its a lot of fun.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

funny part is I liked Fable better than oblivion can't wait for Fable 2 to come out for PC
xh1r0
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xh1r0 »

The concept art for Fable 2 does look pretty cool so far.
jtm55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jtm55 »

Hi All,

Again, this might be off topic, but if you're into Sims, here's a free & very realistic one for you

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

as i see it as long as the main is over and this is not a multi player game then
i don't see the point of continuing .
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

well, if you havent already, its quite fun to gain ranks in the guilds around (mage, fighter, and thief) also the dark brotherhood (i think thats what it is called) are all very interesting quest lines
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

I just started playing Oblivion again when I got the Knights of the Nine. It's been very fun, I recommend it to everyone looking for something else to do in the game
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB
pas44141
Legit User
Legit User

Post by pas44141 »

yep, picked up knights of nine for 20 quid the other day and its definitely worth it. Easily 10+ odd hours of gameplay as promised.
BF2MilkMan
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by BF2MilkMan »

I quit playing after main quest was done. It was sad though. I was disappointed in the quest. I don't think it was quite as hard or long as in Elder Scrolls 3.

~MilkMan
InsolenceAndHeresy
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by InsolenceAndHeresy »

Definitely do the Dark Brotherhood quests, they're awesome.
Download a mod to make the Dragon Armor actually useful
Download Qarl's Texture Pack 3
Download the Servant of the Dawn mod
Download Oblivion Polygone Overhaul
Download CORE/CORE2
Download The Legacy
Download Improved Doors and Flora
Download Improved Trees and Flora
Download Advanced Water Modification
Download All Nine Unique Landscapes
Download Corwyn Fantasy Figure

http://www.tessource.net
Mods make the game unbelievable.
Hybridesque
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hybridesque »

I would recommend Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. I'm thinking about getting Knights of the Nine at some stage, but probably when my computer is more powerful.
isaac
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by isaac »

I beat the main quest and everyone is talking about the provences splitting up and they also talk about morrowind. is there a quest involving this?
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

could just be a segway to an expansion. Considering that's what morrowind did when you beat the main thing, then when you buy the expansion you can do the rest. Hell morrowind had hints of oblivion in it if you read the books in the game. (yes I did beat all of the main quests of the expansions and main game of morrowind.)
isaac
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by isaac »

I finished the main quest and all the guilds, after that are there any good quests?
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

I finished the main quest and numerous side / guild quests. Havent played it in quite a while. Played WoW again for a while, now Im idle on games. I did try Vanguard but the game was huge (overwhelming) 18 GB on the install...and very buggy. No go on that one!
pilster123
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Any Point to Oblivion after you beat the Main Quest?

Post by pilster123 »

lol does anyone know what to do when you have complted the main quest, shivering isles and the nights of the nine because i got them all in 1 package just wandering because this game rocks :P