Anyone play Counter-Strike?

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
.exz0r
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Anyone play Counter-Strike?

Post by .exz0r »

Do any of you play Counter-Strike?
Last edited by .exz0r on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I dont mind asking questions like this but please at least include the question in your topic in the post its self. Also when asking this kind of question it would be nice if you would suggest servers you frequent or clans your a member of that way we dont have to have ten million posts just to get two people to connect and death match.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
.exz0r
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by .exz0r »

I didn't see any rules saying I had to post the question in the topic, although if it makes you that mad I will from now on, and why would I put the servers if noone plays it? Thats why I asked. You still didn't answer the question.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

LMAO.... it's all good... He's just trying to keep the quality up around here ;)

I used to play CS till it switched over from valve to steam. Then it said my CD-Key was already in-use, which is bull ****. I have additional CD-Key's here from old video card bundles (ATI 8500's came with FULL HL and CS), but am too lazy to update my info. DOOM 3 came out right after it changed too ;)
Flux
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Flux »

I used to play CS all the time back when I had time. The daughter and wife took all my time. Now that my new computer is up, I'll probably be around CS sometime again. I just got sick of all the cheating....at least I "thought" they were cheating....

I tend to stick with dust, dust2 aztec maps

What is your name online? I'm guessing it's .exz0r also...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'll make my Counter-Strike comeback when HL2 comes out with the updated CS :)

Go here and look at the new Aztec on HL2.... (Right Click Video and go to full screen)

The newly skinned AZTEC looks awesome and the lighting/water effects look great from this 90 second clip.

I'll wait for this version
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

I'm waiting for the CS Source myself, Nate. I'm having Jerry change my server from 32 player Battlefield Vietnam: WW2 Mod to a 20-30 player HL2. Probably gonna be CS Source and eventually go to CS2 (if that gets made...) :P

I can only assume the server can handle it.

Bandwidth: 100mb/s
CPU: Athlon XP 2800+ 512kb cache
RAM: 512MB x2 PC2700 DDR dual channel mode (I actually think I put in 3 modules of 512... can't remember anymore......)
MB: ABit AN7
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

.exz0r wrote:I didn't see any rules saying I had to post the question in the topic, although if it makes you that mad I will from now on, and why would I put the servers if noone plays it? Thats why I asked. You still didn't answer the question.
Im not mad, and its not a big deal. As Nate said im just trying to keep people from making poor posts. Having the question in the body of the post is not a rule just part of good posting and etiquette. As for me playing sorry, i dont play CS but im glad to see that there are people who do.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
.exz0r
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by .exz0r »

Thats cool, yes cs source is badass... I've played the beta. Check out this video it shows really good footage of people playing on de_dust. It's made by some guy that goes by the name Cyber-Couch:

http://www.edataonline.com/rjohnson/videos/thedust.wmv

Heres the link to the forum post too in case anyone wants to look:

http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index. ... topic=4259