Gothic III Aweful Lag in fights

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Gothic III Aweful Lag in fights

Post by dgood »

I was getting 7 fps on low settings in gothic III with my x800 xt and fx-60 and 2gigs of ram. I put it on there to see if I could get it to run smooth since my friend couldn't get it to on his 3800+ x2 and x1600xt and 1gig of ram. well no luck same problem at every resolution/graphic settings I even updated the game to 1.12 to see if it'd fix it, and nope. When I set the process to real time in task man I could get up to 40fps when running but the second I got into combat again my fps dropped to 7. woohoo lag and click fest why sell a game so poorly optimized? I'd love ot see the minimum req's play that game if it runs like that on my computer either that or its a specific hardware problem to amd procs or ati cards because same exact problem on my athlon xp and 9600 also. but I don't own an nvidia card or intel proc. well I do but I wouldn't' game on that since I stripped it down to 256mb of ram. Anyway anyone know how to fix it or experienced this same problem?
setscrew
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by setscrew »

I hope this helps you out.

Go to http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/fo ... .php?f=160 and look for the latest patch. Also examine the threads for .ini files that address sound and forest revisions regarding low fps. There should be some other tweaks in there as well.

I passed on this game after the poor reviews. I was looking forward to it after Gothic 2, but I guess continuity is too much to ask for.

Good luck.
pym
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by pym »

I just LOVED Gothic II and also passed after reading some awful reviews...
I may get back to check it out in the near future.
elkmanwsu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by elkmanwsu »

It's most likely the AI system sucking away your speed. Same thing happens w/ my rig on Oblivion when I'm going through a forest and an enemy spots me.
Motherboard: ASUS P5K
Processor: 2.40ghz Q6600
Memory: 4gb Corsair DDR2-800
Videocard: Leadtek GeForce 8600GT
Display: Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy
HDD: 1x WD 36gb Raptor, 2x WD 250gb CaviarSE