Full Spectrum Warrior Single-player Demo

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full Spectrum Warrior Single-player Demo

Post by Apoptosis »

The single player demo is out and I heard it is pretty darn nifty. The file is only 301MB... about half that of the DOOM 3 demo download. So head on over to your favorite download site and download the game today.
Full Spectrum Warrior is based on a game commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations. Soldiers are placed in a tense, hostile, and claustrophobic environment where they must complete a variety of military objectives. Players act as the Squad Leader, providing direction to Alpha and Bravo fire teams. The successful Squad Leader effectively uses cover in the environment and moves his fire teams in a coordinated fashion so they can protect themselves from possible attacks that could come from any direction. Full Spectrum Warrior puts you in the dirt with your men, where danger lurks around every corner.
Official Game Site: http://www.fullspectrumwarrior.com/gm_t ... aybook.php

File Planet Download: http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=145784

bliSSter
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by bliSSter »

i downloaded this a couple of nights ago and it IS in fact badass!....was originally created/released for the xbox, so there are probably some of your box constituents who've already gotten into this for x..but the pc version boasts dramatically improved textures (higher res), as well as co-op mode where one player can run alpha team, while another player runs bravo....

it's a slick piece of work...i was expecting something more first person and this really isn't it...it's set in a third-person view, but was still a blast to play....very tactical and looks great on modern PC hardware....

also FYI: the shipdate on several online sites is showing as 09.21.04, so you might be able to snag the retail version at your local gaming outlet...plus - most of the sites i've seen are listing the game at approx. $40...so it's a bit less than doom, with some kicking cooperative play....

just my $.02

- bliSS
Asus K8N-E Deluxe
Athlon 64 3000+
Corsair XMS Pro XL 1GB
BFG 6800GT
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Downloaded it and played it, but a bit too slow for my taste. Not to mention the fact my guys die when I give them a fire order before the enemy attacks. It seems like a realistic game and well thought out, but too slow. I thought Ghost Recon was a slow game... pffft