Mobo & GPU sales Down in May (slow month anyway)

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mobo & GPU sales Down in May (slow month anyway)

Post by Apoptosis »

Digitimes is reporting that sales are down across the board for mobo and GPU sales worldwide.
Top tier Taiwan mobo makers May shipments down 9%.

May shipments of motherboards from Taiwan's top four makers – Asustek Computer, Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS), Gigabyte Technology and Micro-Star International (MSI) – declined 9% from April to 5.97 million units, according to preliminary results from the makers.
Local analysts had expected May motherboard shipments from the four makers to drop 10-15% on month. So sales actually dropped less than predicted. That's a good sign even though sales dropped.

Source Linky
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

They might take this drop as a hint that people can't afford their ever rising prices............might be time to take a look at how much their stuff costs and whow can afford it...........not me for one.......I'll wait for the prices to drop........ :twisted:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I have actually been reading about a conspiracy of sorts that will hurt the bargain shoppers amongst us. I guess that since the chip makers are getting more and more greedy, they are going to start phasing out the older and cheaper processors so you are forced to buy the newer more expensive ones. The sad fact so far is that the performance does not justify the prices.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Well if they start phasing out the older slower chips then people will just stay with what they have. i for one will not upgrade for a while. my next upgrade will be when i can get a s939 for ~$250.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Here here.....that's what I say also..... :twisted: