Futuremark Announces the Futuremark Games Studio

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

With its first game already in development, Futuremark Games Studio was created to produce original world class games.
Espoo, Finland - January 29th, 2008 - Futuremark (http://www.futuremark.com), is proud to announce the formation of a group named the Futuremark Games Studio. For the past 10 years, Futuremark has been pushing the boundaries of PC 3D graphics performance with its 3DMark series, which has become by far the world's most popular benchmarking software. The 3DMark series combines stunning 3D art with world class engines from Direct3D 6 up to Direct3D 10. "Futuremark Games Studio is committed to developing original IP games with the highest quality game play combined with our established track record of creating blow-your-socks-off visuals", said Tero Sarkkinen, CEO of Futuremark Corporation. "For years, our fans have been asking us when will we start making games. Very soon they are going to get it - and then some!"

Over the past 10 years Futuremark's team of brilliant artists and engineers has created remarkably beautiful demos and benchmarks for a variety of clients to show off the abilities of their platforms. Although the new studio will demonstrate its ability to seamlessly integrate the latest technologies into its engines, its mission is to build world class games that bring new and entertaining game play to gamers. This includes games and their engines that deliver stellar performance even on modest platforms right up to the most enthusiastic levels of performance hardware.

For more information about Futuremark Games Studio, please contact Tero Sarkkinen in Finland or Oliver Baltuch in California. Futuremark Games Studio personnel will also be attending GDC 2008 in San Francisco where they can be found at the Nordic Games Studios Pavilion.
skier

Re: Futuremark Announces the Futuremark Games Studio

Post by skier »

sounds pretty cool, im guessing that their games will have built in benchies too 8-[
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

It's about time... Seeing how every bench of theirs I have run on my PC as well as friends who have new PC's have pretty much crushed their systems, I can't wait to see what the game they have in development is going to be.
Last edited by FeRaL on Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

They should also have a decent idea on how to optimize for most cards out there.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

WOW!! That's really GREAT news. I would love to see their new game!!! :mrgreen:

The graphics in their bechmarking programs (3DMark) are AWESOME so I'm pretty sure they won't let us down with their game.

But, I bet it'll take some time till their game will be released... :? Any idea when??? (approx...) :roll:
brajko2
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by brajko2 »

I also think that their game will look spectacular, like facr cry or Bioshock? Who knows...
But it's the gamplay that I worry about the most. Too bad there isn't any preview or screenshot about this... but I'm sure that in the near future something will pop-up!

Here's the official news http://www.futuremark.com/companyinfo/p ... ases/52482
Cannyone
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cannyone »

...This includes games and their engines that deliver stellar performance even on modest platforms...
Hmmm, that will be interesting to see. I normally think of Futuremark products as being stuffed with leading edge effects but not being very highly optimized, much like Crysis turned out to be. What they are describing here is something more akin to the Unreal 3 engine. And competition is always a good thing. :)
Intel Core i7 4820K @ 4 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 16GB Patriot DDR3-1866 | Asus Poseidon GTX 780 water cooled... (other stuff too <- 500 char limit!)