Jobs in Engineering/Architecture and IT Thriving
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:54 am
I gave this an odd look when it dropped into my mailbox, but its an interesting read for anyone who is still in highschool or college and thinking about where they are wanting to go in life.
It of course might just be a way to try to garner more traffic, but mehEngineering/Architecture and IT Jobs are Thriving, According to Online Job Board
Quarterly Study by 4Jobs.com Breaks Down Top Jobs Per State and Sector
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – PHILADELPHIA, PA — Jobs in IT, engineering/architecture, and accounting/finance represent nearly 50% of all employment postings—according to a study by the 4Jobs.com Career Network, an online network that powers over 6,000 employment sites. 4Jobs.com Career Network’s partners include Phillyjobs.com, WestPalmBeach.com and JobBankUSA.com.
IT jobs represent nearly 20% of the online job posting market, engineering/architecture positions constituting 17%, and accounting/finance job postings totaling 10%, according to statistics based upon traffic to the 4Jobs.com’s website during Q1 of 2005. Statistics are based upon information collected over a six month period, based on a quarterly breakdown.
Here are some more results from the 4Jobs.com Career Trends Q1 2005 Study*:
· IT is the dominant sector for both online employment postings and resume postings.
· As a percentage of healthcare and medical job postings continue to decline, the percentage of resume postings in those areas showed increased growth.
· Merchandising, purchasing and retail declined sharply in the first quarter of 2005.
· Washington D.C., Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey and California have the largest percentage of online employment postings per capita over the last three quarters.
· Nevada ranked tops for healthcare and medical jobs, while Idaho ranked #1 in construction, social services, insurance and repair.
· Internet job searching peaked on Mondays between 1 – 2 p.m. EST, with Sunday peak activity occurred at 8 p.m. EST.
*A breakdown of statistics/trends per state and per job sector are available.
“While technology continues to thrive, engineering/architecture job postings have shown a sharp jump from the third quarter of 2004—increasing from nearly 7% of all job postings to 17% in the first quarter of 2005, ” said Richard Milgram, CEO of the 4Jobs.com Career Network. “The 4Jobs.com Career Network quarterly study is dedicated to tapping into the freshest trends within the online recruiting industry.”