ASUS ROG Rampage 2 GENE micro ATX Motherboard

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

-- Max Performance in a Mini Form Factor--
rampageII_gene.jpg
rampageII_gene.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
FREMONT, CALIFORNIA (Feb 25th, 2009)-ASUS, the world’s leading motherboard manufacturer today released the X58-based ROG (Republic of Gamers) Rampage II GENE in response to increased demand for a micro ATX gaming and enthusiast motherboard. Hailing from ASUS' world record-breaking Rampage II lineage, the Rampage II GENE boasts premium features such as MemOK! for worry-free memory upgrades, CPU Level Up for easy system performance boosts, and onboard SupremeFX X-Fi for true-to-life surround sound.

Miniature Size, Maximum Power
With the Rampage II GENE, ASUS has masterfully filled the micro ATX gap with its lauded ROG product line. Users can now harness the full power of the Intel® Core™ i7 processor in a chassis the fraction of the size and weight of standard desktop PCs. The Rampage II GENE’s awesome combination of overclockability, tweakability and stability enable it to even outgun other full-sized motherboards.

MemOK! Any Memory is A-Okay!
MemOK! was developed to provide users with a worry-free memory upgrade experience. In the event of a boot failure after installing new RAM, all the user has to do is press an easily accessible button on the motherboard and MemOK! automatically loads the failsafe settings needed to ensure a successful system boot. MemOK! rapidly detects and resolves memory issues—even if bad or unstable memory is used!

Supreme In-game Audio with SupremeFX X-Fi
An onboard SupremeFX X-Fi solution delivers crisp audio and incredibly realistic in-game sound effects. Official EAX sound effects from EAX 1.0 to EAX HD4.0 allow gamers to enjoy total immersion in supported games. X-Fi CMSS3D’s groundbreaking positional audio gives gamers a distinct in-game advantage, while Crystalizer enhances overall audio quality dramatically.

Specifications
Model Rampage II GENE
CPU LGA1366 socket for Intel® Core™ i7
Chipset Intel® X58/ICH10R
System Bus Up to 6.4 GT/s with QuickPath Interconnection
Memory 6 x DIMM, Triple Channel, up to 24GB
DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C)/1333/1066 MHz
Expansion slot 2 x PCIe2.0 x16 slot, supports dual x16
1 x PCIe2.0 x4
1 x PCI 2.2
Multi-GPU Support NVIDIA SLI™ / ATI CrossFireX™
Storage 7 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s
1 x eSATA 3.0 Gb/s
1 x UltraDMA 133, support RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5, and JBOD
LAN Gigabit LAN
Audio Onboard SupremeFX X-Fi 8-Ch. Audio with EAX4.0 support
Other I/O ports 1*PS/2, 1*eSATA, 1*IEEE1394a, 1*Clr CMOS, 1*Optical S/PDIF
USB / IEEE1394a 12 x USB2.0 (6+6) / 2 x 1394a ports (1 at back I/O, 1 onboard)
Fan connector 5 (1 x CPU / 2 x Chassis / 2 x Optional)
Software (Full version) Kaspersky anti-virus, Futuremark® 3DMark™06 Advanced Edition
Features MemOK!, CPU Level Up, Keyboard-TweakIt, Extreme Tweaker, iROG, Loadline Calibration, LCD Poster, EPU-6 Engine, Q-Fan plus, Voltiminder LED
Form Factor micro ATX Form Factor, 9.6”x 9.6” (24.4cm x 24.4cm)
Note: Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Please visit http://www.asus.com for more details.

About ASUS
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company’s revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek’s "InfoTech 100", and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS ROG Rampage 2 GENE micro ATX Motherboard

Post by gwolfman »

Wow, very nice. Now I'm waiting for the ASUS ROG mini-ITX board. Then I'll be set!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

cardnyl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by cardnyl »

Wonder what it will retail at.