DFI LANParty UT X58-T3eH8 has won the Best Choice Award

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

DFI LANParty UT X58-T3eH8 has won the Best Choice Award

Post by Apoptosis »

The best motherboard of Computex 2009 ~ LANParty UT X58-T3eH8
x58T3eH8.jpg
x58T3eH8.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 3268 times
LANParty, Taipei, 2009/05/27 ~ After two months of keen competition, DFI has won out in the annual “Best Choice of Computex” tournament as the ‘Best Motherboard’ in the motherboards and add-on cards category.

LANParty, the overclocking motherboard brand of DFI, has proudly established many records on overclocking programs and become the favorite motherboard brand of overclockers around the world.

For LANParty, the prize in the “Best Choice of Computex” has remarkable significance. Awarded at the first time entering the competition, LANParty is affirmed by professionals for its excellence in quality and performance after years of hard work.

UT X58-T3eH8, the award-winning model, adopts the Intel X58 chipset and features several patents that make it stand out above the competitors. The winning factors of UT X58-T3eH8 are listed below:
1. Full digital PWM with MLCC
2. Flame Freezer cools down system temperature
3. Genie BIOS brings the most options for system tweaking
4. EZ Clear is the easiest way to reset BIOS
5. LANParty O.C. forum provide instant O.C. consulting service

For more product information, please visit http://www.LANParty.com.tw.

About LANParty
DFI manufactures full series high-tech mainboards and products for special platforms to meet the demands of PC market and special application market. We also cooperate with Intel and top chip manufacturers to develop up-to-date chips and mainboards. LanParty is an over-clocking mainboard brand of DFI, which satisfies the customers that require high efficiency with top grade materials and excellent design.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
MHz Tweaker
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: DFI LANParty UT X58-T3eH8 has won the Best Choice Award

Post by MHz Tweaker »

My personal experience with DFI as a company is anything but stellar. I purchased one of their $300 x48-TR2 boards and it has never worked properly. I was sent another broken board that will not even overclock or retain CMOS settings when power is lost. They were not concerned with my problem what so ever. Further BIOS updates only made things worse. All they wanted me to do was keep sending boards back at my expense. While I have 20+ year in I.T., I was not so egotistical that I did not ask for help. I went thru channels and posted in forums all over. No solutions.
This P.O.S. board is now in a home theatre PC until I replace it. Horrible tech support. Stay away from DFI !!!!!!!! EVGA is my mobo maker now. Asus and Gigabyte also make good boards in my opinion.
-EVGA Classified S21H Bios
-i7 920 @ 4.01GHz Lapped 1.4 vcore
-Corsair Dominators 8-8-8-24 1T @ 1.66volts 1605MHz
-Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Black lapped
-Thermaltake Armor+
-Ultra x3 1600 Watt PS
-WD VelociRaptor 2x300gb RAID0, 6x500gb, 2x1000gb,3x1500gb
-Dual ATI HD4850's + 4870x2
-26"LCD + Dual 28" LCD's
-Dual NEC/Sony AD-7190S PATA DVD-R's
-Sony BWU-300S Blueray 8x burner
-Sunbeamtech 20-in-1 card reader controller
-Logitech Wave Keyboard and G5 Mouse
-Vista Ultimate x64
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

man that is one fugly color scheme
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

MHz Tweaker wrote:I was sent another broken board that will not even overclock or retain CMOS settings when power is lost.
Sounds like the CMOS battery is dead, did you replace it already?
InspectahACE wrote:man that is one fugly color scheme
That's exactly what I thought too...

Nate,
Where'd this come from? And who held this contest anyway? I don't see how there could be a "Best Choice Award" for a show that's still 1 week out...

Sounds sketchy to me.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

drexor69 wrote: Nate,
Where'd this come from? And who held this contest anyway? I don't see how there could be a "Best Choice Award" for a show that's still 1 week out...

Sounds sketchy to me.
Its legit:
Best Choice Award 2009: The Best Procurement Indicator!
Showcasing the Hottest and Brand New ICT Products

The Best Choice Award is the official ICT product event of COMPUTEX TAIPEI, the Asia’s largest and world’s second ICT exhibition, covering the most complete supply chain of ICT products. The press conference is schedule on May 26th where 25 award-winning products will be announced while the biggest award, Best Choice of the Year and the 5 special awards of Best Choice will be announced at the opening ceremony of COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009 on June 2nd.

On the 8th annual, the Best Choice Award receives amazing number of products submission from 100 (first year) to 400 this year with 170 domestic and foreign participating enterprises, showing the recognition and supports to this important event and consideration as a platform to new product exposure.

The Jury Representative is Mr. Hsin-hsi Chen, the Chief Director of Computer and Information Networking Center of National Taiwan University (NTU) said: “The result of the variety and outstanding products in each sector, which a panel of local and foreign juries have given Taiwan’s technological innovation in the highest degree of recognition during the selection process, but with few regrets that too few allotted awards for some many great and distinguished products.”

Mr. Enoch Du, the Secretary-General of Taipei Computer Association (TCA) stated that there are four main features to this year’s Best Choice Award. Foremost is based on the latest brand image design. Secondly, the press conference gives the Press Media a quick preview of this year’s winning products few days before COMPUTEX TAIPEI starts. Thirdly, the Online Best Choice 2009 Award Prediction Contest (using Web2.0 for huge social networking). Last but not least, the newly added Green ICT Award.

Furthermore, these award-winning products will be showcased on the 4th floor at Best Choice Pavilion in TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall (Booth#: L102) from June 2nd to 6th. To add attraction, Buyers’ Voting Contest available on-site where buyer can vote for their own choices. Special gift will be distributed if buyer printed ballots from the website.

In 2002, Best Choice Award was established in order to uphold the spirit of its name and provided the best procurement choices for international buyers. For the sake of fairness, the National Taiwan University (NTU) has commissioned to recruit a group of well-rounded juries including representatives from the industry's international procurement enterprises, academic researchers, industry’s analysts, local/international editor-in-chiefs and experts in the field of environmental protection. All the submitted products undergo strict evaluation based on the technological edge, innovative design and export marketability. For more information on award-winning products, please go to the website of Best Choice Award http://www.computex.biz/bestchoice

【Press Contacts】
Taipei Computer Association (TCA)
Tel: +886-2-25774249 Fax: +886-2-25785392
Gini Lin Ext 847 Email: [email protected]
Sara Wu Ext 295 Email: [email protected]

Appendix 1: Categories in 2009: 11 category awards, 1 Best Choice of the Year and 3 special awards

 Category Awards (1~3 award-winning product(s) per category)
1. PC / PC Server / Notebook / Tablet PC
2. LSI, VLSI & Components
3. Peripherals, Accessories
4. Motherboards & Add On cards
5. Communication Products
6. Software
7. IPC / Embedded System Products
8. Car Electronics Products
9. Digital Entertainment Products
10. Security Products
11. Data Storage Products

 Special Awards
 Best Choice of the Year: the best product of the year
 Green ICT Award: a newly added award in 2009 selected by experts in the field of environmental protection. The winning product represents the best product of environmental protection and energy saving.
 Best Choice of Overseas Enterprise
 Jury's Special Award: for the product that has the most export potential by small and medium enterprises

Appendix 2: The winning list of Category Awards (irrespective of the special awards that will be announced on June 2nd)
Companies are listed in random orders
Category Company Name Product Name (English/Chinese)
PC / PC Server / Notebook / Tablet PC Micro-Star International
微星科技股份有限公司 Netbook U115 Hybrid
小筆電U115 Hybrid
PC / PC Server / Notebook / Tablet PC GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. 技嘉科技股份有限公司 Small Notebook - Booktop M1022
行動電腦 M1022
PC / PC Server / Notebook / Tablet PC Acer Incorporated
宏碁股份有限公司 Acer Aspire Z5000 Series all-in-one desktop PC
宏碁Aspire Z5000 Series all-in-one桌上型電腦
LSI, VLSI & Components VIA Technologies, Inc.
威盛電子股份有限公司 VIA Optimized Mobile Platform Solution - VIA Nano™ Processor and VX855 uMSP (Micro-Media System Processor)
威盛超移動平台 – 威盛™處理器搭配VX855媒體系統晶片組
Peripherals, Accessories Elan Microelectronics Corp.
義隆電子股份有限公司 Transparent Touchpad
高透明度觸控面板
Peripherals, Accessories TOPlay INC.
聖基創意股份有限公司 OGS Earphone- the Hanger Series
聽不累 OGS 耳掛式耳機
Peripherals, Accessories ASPEED Technology Inc.
信驊科技股份有限公司 Remote PC System Platform
遠距電腦系統平臺
Motherboards & Add On cards GIGA-BYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. 技嘉科技股份有限公司 GA-EX58A-EXTREME Motherboard
GA-EX58A-EXTREME 電腦主機板
Motherboards & Add On cards DFI Inc.
友通資訊股份有限公司 LANParty UT X58-T3eH8
Communication Products AMIT, Inc.
永洋科技股份有限公司 Wireless Mobile Broadband Gateway
可攜式3G行動寬頻路由器
Communication Products ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
華碩電腦股份有限公司 nuvifone™G60
G60 智慧型導航手機
Communication Products ATEN International Co., LTD.
宏正自動科技股份有限公司 KN4140v KVM Over the NET™
KN4140v 遠端電腦管理方案
Software HGiga Inc.
桓基科技股份有限公司 Digital Signage System, TeraMedia
TeraMedia數位看板廣告計次系統
IPC / Embedded System Products VIA Technologies, Inc.
威盛電子股份有限公司 VIA Pico-ITXe Form Factor
VIA Pico-ITXe主機板
IPC / Embedded System Products IEI Technology Corp.
威強工業電腦股份有限公司 IP67 Waterproof Panel PC with 12” TFT LCD
IP67 整機防水型平板電腦
IPC / Embedded System Products Korenix Technology Co., Ltd.
惠通科技股份有限公司 Diving-grade Industrial Embedded M12/ RJ Ethernet Switch
潛水工業級M12/ RJ 嵌入式乙太網交換器
Car Electronics Products Micro-Star International
微星科技股份有限公司 Scalable and Manageable Large On-Demand System
全方位車用影音暨整合服務系統
Car Electronics Products MiTAC International Corporation
神達電腦股份有限公司 Mio Explora K75 GPS Phone
Mio Explora K75 GPS 手機
Digital Entertainment Products ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
華碩電腦股份有限公司 ASUS G51 Notebook
華碩G51 筆記型電腦
Digital Entertainment Products AVerMedia Technologies, Inc
圓剛科技股份有限公司 AVerTV TwinStar
雙核數位棒-TwinStar
Digital Entertainment Products Elan Microelectronics Corp.
義隆電子股份有限公司 Smart Remote Control
智慧型觸控式多功能遙控器
Security Products Netflame Technology Co. Ltd.
網燦科技股份有限公司 NETSTEALTH UTM GIGA FIREWALL
防火牆
Data Storage Products InnoDisk Corp.
宜鼎國際股份有限公司 SATADOM
SATA界面超小型固態硬碟
Data Storage Products ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
華碩電腦股份有限公司 EeeNAS PC
簡易型網路儲存站
Data Storage Products Infortrend Technology, Inc.
普安科技股份有限公司 Infortrend ESVA-F60
普安科技 ESVA-F60

Appendix 3: The List of the Promotion Events for Best Choice Award 2009 During COMPUTEX TAIPEI

Event Name Date & Time Location Detail
Press Conference 5/26
AM10:30
~13:30 Taipei Computer Association (TCA)
B1, No.2, Sec.3, Bade Rd., Taipei The winning list of category awards is announced. The jury representative introduces the features of award-winning products and evaluation criteria along with onsite product demonstration.
Award Ceremony 6/2
AM10:00
~11:00 Area M, 4F at TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall During the opening ceremony of COMPUTEX TAIPEI, The Best Choice of the Year and special awards will be announced. The honorable guest will present the Best Choice of the Year. In 2008, the award was personally presented by the President.
Best Choice Pavilion 6/2~6/6 Booth No. L102 ~ L204, 4F at TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall During COMPUTEX TAIPEI, each award-winning product will be exhibited at an independent dedicated area. Also, the buyers’ voting contest will be held at the showcase.
Online Forecast Contest of Best Choice 2009 Award 5/11~6/1 COMPU-Blog
blog.computex.biz
Held in the blog of COMPUTEX TAIPEI and forecast the winner of the Best Choice of the Year. The predictor with the correct guess will obtain a special prize. The prize-winning list will be announced on June 3rd.
Media’s Choice Voting Online Event 5/18~
5/31 Best Choice Website
www.computex.biz/bestchoice
Exclusively for local and international press to vote for their favorite products among all the products that have passed the secondary review. Each voter can receive a special prize. The winner of Media’s Choice Award will be announced on www.computex.biz on June 1st.

Buyers’ Choice Voting Onsite Event 6/2~6/5 Best Choice Pavilion
in COMPUTEX TAIPEI Held at Best Choice Pavilion in COMPUTEX TAIPEI,
each visitor can vote for his/her favorite product and receive a special award. The winner of Buyers; Choice Award will be announced on www.computex.biz on June 6th.
*Visitors who vote with the printed voting ballots downloaded from Best Choice Award website can obtain another special prize (only 200 sets available).

Appendix 4: The Comparison Table of COMPUTEX TAIPEI Official Product Competitions

Type Best Choice Award d&i award
(design & innovation award)
Year of Establishment 2002 2008
Organizer of jury National Taiwan University iF international Forum Design GmbH
Jury A panel of 21 experts consisting of:
 Industry’s leading IPOs
 Academicians/research analysts
 Local/international editor-in-chiefs
 Experts in the field of environmental protection (examined Green ICT Award) A panel of 5 international judges hired by iF international Forum Design GmbH

Participation
All exhibitors at COMPUTEX TAIPEI only All exhibitors at COMPUTEX TAIPEI and all registered IT firms in Taiwan
Categories 11 Categories:
 PC / PC Server / Notebook / Tablet PC
 LSI, VLSI & Components
 Peripherals, Accessories
 Motherboards & Add On cards
 Communication Products
 Software
 IPC / Embedded System Products
 Car Electronics Products
 Digital Entertainment Products
 Security Products
 Data Storage Products 7 Categories:
 Communication Products
 Components & Parts
 Computer systems
 Peripherals
 Data Storage Device/Media
 Optoelectronic Display Product and Digital Audio /Video
 Gaming & Entertainment
Evaluation criteria Innovation, technology, and market potential Design quality and degree of innovation
Judging Process 3 stages:
 Preliminary review: documents reviews
 Secondary Review: presentations along with product demonstration.
 Final Assessment: vote by the jury. Product assessment and vote by the jury.
Registration in 2009 Nearly 400 contesting items 147 contesting items
Number of Awards in 2009 1 Best Choice of the Year, 25 category awards and 5 special awards 5 Gold Awards and 20 COMPUTEX TAIPEI d&i awards
Type Best Choice Award d&i award
(design & innovation award)
Award Ceremony  The winning list of 25 category awards will be announced on May 26th.
 The winners of the Best Choice of the Year and 5 special awards will be announced and awarded at the opening ceremony of COMPUTEX TAIPEI.  The winners of 20 COMPUTEX TAIPEI d&i awards will be announced in the end of May.
 The winners of 5 Gold Awards will be announced at the pre-show press conference on June 1st.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!