ECS TIGT-I motherboard Announced - Atom D510 Processor

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ECS TIGT-I motherboard Announced - Atom D510 Processor

Post by Apoptosis »

ECS Unveils Brand New Earth Friendly Atom™ Motherboard Offers a Purpose-built and Low-power Solution to Fulfill Home Users’ Needs.

Smaller and Faster
ecs_mobo.jpg
ecs_mobo.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
Taipei, Taiwan, Dec. 21, 2009 – Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS), the world’s leading motherboard, barebone system, and notebook manufacturer, is pleased to introduce a brand new small and powerful motherboard, ECS TIGT-I, embedding the latest Intel® dual core AtomTM processor D510 integrated memory controller and Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150(GMA3150) to deliver up to 20% higher performance than ever for home users. The ECS TIGT-I motherboard features fast Ethernet, high definition audio for various internet applications and leverages integrated GMA3150 graphics core supporting DirectX 9 for popular graphics requirements. In addition, the ultra low voltage and smallest size, Mini-ITX(170x170mm) make the ECS TIGT-I motherboard an ideal solution for fan-less embedded systems, small form factor PCs and portable devices.

More Powerful but Less Consumption
The ECS TIGT-I motherboard is based on NM 10 Express chipsets and has a 1.66 GHz Intel® dual core AtomTM 45nm processor directly mounted on the motherboard. With the brand new 2-chip solution, the ECS TIGT-I motherboard saves 50% power but increases up to 20% performance than previous generation motherboard, besides, this motherboard is capable to keep the system quiet and stable even without any cooling fans. The low-power architecture of the processor is targeting at portable battery-operated applications such as mobile internet devices (MID), low-cost laptop PCs.

In spite of the tiny dimension of the board, Mini_ITX 170x170mm, the ECS TIGT-I motherboard is well equipped Fast Ethernet port, high definition audio, 2 x SATA3.0 Gb/s, 1 x PATA, 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x DDR2 800, 1 x PCIe x1 expansion slot.

The ECS TIGT-I motherboard is an excellent choice that realizes the desire for a stylish computer.

For more information on ECS TIGT-I motherboard or any other ECS products, contact your local ECS sales agent today.

About ECS
The Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) has been a pioneer in designing and manufacturing computer motherboards since 1987. Today, the motherboard maker also designs and manufactures desktop PCs, notebooks, servers, motherboards, video cards, wireless solutions and handheld devices for distributors worldwide. Headquartered in Taiwan with operations in North America, Europe and China, Korea and Japan, ECS also has ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified manufacturing facilities in China, Mexico and Czech Republic. For more information, please visit ECS at http://www.ecs.com.tw.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ECS TIGT-I motherboard Announced - Atom D510 Processor

Post by Apoptosis »

i was kinda personally interested in this board and asked ECS about pricing and availability. They responded at 3am CST with this comment:
Estimates are around $90 USD and should be available in 3-4 weeks
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Wow... nice price!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah, but too bad it doesn't have an HDMI port or a PCIe x16 slot. VGA only means playing back protected content is not going to happen.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

True... I just assumed it had HDMI... silly it doesn't as the primary purpose of an Atom system would be an HTPC. Well, or a NAS and with just a PCI-E x1 slot, many hardware raid cards are out of the question. So now for $90, we'd just be talking about a low-power system for the kids when the hardware could do much more. Wonder why ECS left off the HDMI when the Intel graphics could do it.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Why in the world does it include a parallel port and a serial port? That is what I want to know. I don't know a single person that still uses a printer at home with a parallel port connector on it let alone a serial connector. Two major wastes of space and something that was last seen on most boards in 2003, not going into 2010.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Embedded stuff! I actually have an old rig I keep around because it has serial and parallel ports :)
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

Fast ethernet as in 100mbps? No thanks. I've seen some reports mention MSRP for the Intel D510MO board is $75. I don't see what this ECS board brings to the table for the extra $15.

As for HDMI output, the hardware's too slow for Blu-ray playback anyway and the GPU does not do hardware acceleration of H.264 and VC-1. I really doubt Intel's marketing this for the HTPC crowd.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3