TheBeatlesRockBand.com Wins BEST GAMES-RELATED SITE Webby

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Digital Puppy

TheBeatlesRockBand.com Wins BEST GAMES-RELATED SITE Webby

Post by Digital Puppy »

TheBeatlesRockBand.com WINS BEST GAMES-RELATED SITE IN THE 14th ANNUAL WEBBY AWARDS
Cambridge, Mass. – May 5, 2010 – The 14th Annual Webby Awards has named TheBeatlesRockBand.com as Best Games-Related Site of the year. The site is produced by the Web Development Team at Harmonix Music Systems Inc., the world’s leading developer of music-based games, in collaboration with Apple Corps, The Beatles' company.

TheBeatlesRockBand.com introduces people to the unique interactive experience presented by The Beatles™: Rock Band™. Set in the game’s own distinctive style, it provides in-depth background information on the people, places and instruments featured in the game. Cutting-edge web design techniques and high-resolution, behind-the-scenes videos round out the experience. The Beatles: Rock Band was developed by Harmonix, the leading developer of ground-breaking music-oriented videogames that also include Rock Band, Rock Band 2, The Beatles: Rock Band and, the soon-to-be-released Green Day: Rock Band and Rock Band 3.

Harmonix and Apple Corps will be honored June 14 at a star-studded ceremony hosted by B.J. Novak of NBC’s “The Office” in New York City. Fans will be able to watch the ceremony on June 15, including Harmonix’s five-word speech, at the official Webby Awards YouTube Channel. A full list of both Webby Awards and People’s Voice Awards winners can be found at:

HYPERLINK "http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?season=14"

Hailed as the “Internet’s highest honor” by The New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including websites, interactive advertising, online film and video, and mobile websites. The Webby Awards is presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, a 650-person judging academy whose members include Martha Stewart, R/GA's Chief Bob Greenberg, David Bowie, Arianna Huffington and Twitter's Biz Stone.

“The Webby Awards honors the very best of the Internet,” said David-Michel Davies, executive director of the Webby Awards. “Harmonix’s achievement is a testament to the skill, ingenuity and vision of its creators.”

“We are excited an honored to have TheBeatlesRockBand.com win the Webby Award for Best Games-Related Website,” said Jeff Chausse, Harmonix’s Web Director. “We wanted to capture the artistry and magic of the game on the web, and this award is further confirmation that Harmonix has created a truly unique celebration of The Beatles’ music, which has really captured the public’s imagination.”

The 14th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 10,000 entries from over 60 countries and all 50 states.

Founded in 1996, The Webby Awards are known worldwide for its famous five-word speech limit. Past Webby Award winners – and their speeches - include Al Gore (“Please don’t recount this vote”), Beastie Boys (“Can anyone fix my computer?”), and Stephen Colbert (“Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.”).

###

About Harmonix Music Systems:

Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., based in Cambridge, MA, and established in 1995, is the leading developer of groundbreaking music-oriented videogames. Harmonix was founded by Alex Rigopulos and Eran Egozy, who formed the company to invent new ways for non-musicians to experience the unique joy that comes from making music and have pioneered music and rhythm gaming in the United States. For more information please visit http://www.harmonixmusic.com.

About Apple Corps. Ltd.
Apple Corps Ltd. was founded by The Beatles in 1968 to look after the group's own affairs. The London-based company has administered the catalogue of The Beatles releases of the 1960s that have sold to date more than 600 million records, tapes and CDs. Since the 1990s Apple has piloted new Beatles projects that have become benchmarks for pioneering accomplishment and which have included The Beatles Anthology projects, the 28 million-selling album The Beatles 1 and the The Beatles LOVE show and CD. Further information on The Beatles' projects can be found at http://www.thebeatles.com.

About The Webby Awards:
Hailed as the "Internet's highest honor" by the New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, interactive advertising, online film and video, and mobile web sites. Established in 1996, the 14th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 10,000 entries from all 50 states and over 60 countries worldwide. The Webby Awards is presented by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: Microsoft Expression; Aol; YouTube; Pepsi; Aquent; HP; Yahoo!; Corbis; Tribal DDB Worldwide; East Media; IDG; PricewaterhouseCoopers; 2advanced.Net; KobeMail; Museum of the Moving Image; Behance; Business Insider; Time Out New York; paidContent and The Guardian.

© 2010 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., an MTV Networks company. Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and The Beatles: Rock Band are developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. MTV: Music Television, MTV Games and all related titles and logos are trademarks of MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
techking13
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: TheBeatlesRockBand.com Wins BEST GAMES-RELATED SITE Webby

Post by techking13 »

Interesting...
I went to the site and it is definitely unique...just like the Beatles were.
And, I certainly enjoy playing Beatles Rock Band