SteelSeries Announces NEW StarCraft II Gaming Gear

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Digital Puppy

SteelSeries Announces NEW StarCraft II Gaming Gear

Post by Digital Puppy »

STEELSERIES PREPARES PLAYERS FOR THE LAUNCH OF BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S STARCRAFT® II: WINGS OF LIBERTY™ WITH NEW GAMING GEAR
SteelSeries_SCII_Zboard.jpg
SteelSeries_SCII_Zboard.jpg (13.94 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
SteelSeries_SCII_Tychus.jpg
SteelSeries_SCII_Tychus.jpg (19.22 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
SteelSeries_SCII_Marauder.jpg
SteelSeries_SCII_Marauder.jpg (20.26 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
CHICAGO - June 22, 2010 – Alongside the July 27th launch of Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™, SteelSeries is pleased to announce the release of original co-branded gaming peripherals for gamers eager to jump back into the epic struggle between the protoss, zerg and terran races.

SteelSeries will offer a complete gaming solution with the StarCraft II Limited Edition Zboard gaming keyboard bundle, which includes the SteelSeries Zboard Base with Z Engine II software, the Zboard Standard QWERTY Keyset for everyday use and the SteelSeries Limited Edition Zboard™ Keyset (StarCraft II). The specially designed Zboard™ Keyset (StarCraft II) provides labeled commands, in-game shortcuts, official artwork from the game, and three race-specific mods featuring unique abilities for each of the races. Through its unique Z Engine II software, gamers can also remap every key on the keyboard, guaranteeing a completely customized experience for each and every user.

Joining the current line of StarCraft II-branded QcK Limited Edition mouse pads, SteelSeries introduces two new products showcasing beautiful in-game artwork. The SteelSeries Limited Edition QcK Tychus Findlay and Marauder mouse pads feature images of the iconic terran marine and the terran heavy infantry unit respectively. The QcK’s are made of a high-quality cloth material with an optimized textured surface, and provide players with a smooth and consistent gliding surface.

“With Blizzard Entertainment’s recent release date announcement for the highly anticipated StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, SteelSeries is excited to introduce new game-specific gear designed to offer high-quality peripheral options and a true immersive experience,” said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO.”

Available at game launch, the StarCraft II Limited Edition Zboard gaming keyboard bundle will retail for $69.99 USD / EUR 64.99. The SteelSeries Limited Edition QcK Tychus Findlay, Marauder, QcK Marine, and Kerrigan vs. Zeratul mouse pads retail for $14.99 USD / EUR 14.99. The SteelSeries Zboard Keyset (StarCraft II) is also sold separately for $24.99 USD / EUR 24.99. Gamers can find the new SteelSeries Limited Edition StarCraft II gear available at game launch at http://www.steelseries.com and additional retailers.

About SteelSeries
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces, selling in more than 75 countries. SteelSeries has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001, thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers. All SteelSeries products are developed in co-operation with professional gamers to ensure optimum performance and durability. SteelSeries supports the growth of competitive gaming and electronic sports through professional team sponsorships and community support all over the world. For more information, please visit http://www.SteelSeries.com.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: SteelSeries Announces NEW StarCraft II Gaming Gear

Post by Sttm »

I wish on the Zboard they would put the specialty key pad on the left not the right. I assume pretty much every gamer is used to having their hand on the left; and having to slide the keyboard across the desk will get tiresome.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: SteelSeries Announces NEW StarCraft II Gaming Gear

Post by hnzw_rui »

Sttm wrote:I wish on the Zboard they would put the specialty key pad on the left not the right. I assume pretty much every gamer is used to having their hand on the left; and having to slide the keyboard across the desk will get tiresome.
+1. I guess for left-handed people, having the macro keys on the right is pretty helpful.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3