Intel Liquid Nitrogen Overclock i9 at 7GHz Competition Event

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
windwithme
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Intel Liquid Nitrogen Overclock i9 at 7GHz Competition Event

Post by windwithme »

Intel hosted a Liquid Nitrogen Overclock event at 12th floor in SYNTREND, Taipei, on 10th November.
Used the latest Intel® Core i9 9900KS of 5GHz default clock version to pursuit it’s extreme clock.
This competition in cooperation with ASUS, GIGABYTE, SYNNEX and G.Skill.

There were 6 teams joined this competition, the A, B, C teams from AOSUS group.
Each team got full time video recording and referee to record all the scores and make sure process fairness in the competition.

Another side were 3 teams from ASUS ROG,
AORUS, ROG group used their own Overclock kits, with own branding hardware and accessories.

This Liquid Nitrogen Overclock event “Over the Limited, the Ultimate Battle”
Intel Taiwan Sales & Marketing Director Georgine Lin made the speech,
Emphasize the Core i9 9900KS of high Frequency and gaming advantage, also wish all the player could get their highest scores.

AORUS group on the A team “Pure Spirit”, B team “Dang Wang” and C team “OC Me”.
ROG group of the A team “Chris”, B team “JEFF LEE” and C team “Jeff”

They also invited senior OC expert “Coolaler” to explain how to use Liquid Nitrogen to Overclock.

A fancy way to show the LN2 was put the rose into the Liquid Nitrogen bottle, make it freeze, finger on the petal then broken as crispy ice.
The Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) will achieve -195.79°C, also the finest cooling solution for extreme overclock.

Game start, the players was building up their platform, some motherboard area need to been painted some Vaseline to prevent water drip with LN2 to prevent damage the components.

Dual group equipment combinations:
All use Intel Core i9-9900KS, Intel SSD 660P, G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-4000.
ROG group used ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE and ROG Strix RTX2060 Gaming.
AORUS group used Z390 AORUS XTREME and AORUS RTX 2060 Super 8G

The big tank with LN2, with expert to help each team supplement their LN2 for overclock.

Six team spent 30~60 min to build up whole platform,
Start to put LN2 and boot up to adjust BIOS and overclock whole system.
The ROG A team only got 1 player, other teams are 2 players.
Seems this player is confident on his own, guess he is veteran good hands for LN2.

As an Overclocker it’s really rare to see a lady in this LN2 OC field.

The game time is 3 hours, included platform build up time.
The actual time to adjust BIOS, boot up and run 3 kind of benchmarks successfully is not much.

The CPU remain around -175.8°C even at 6~7GHz and really high voltage.

The event also have cooperation booth of AORUS, ROG, G.SKILL and SYNNEX.

AORUS and ROG booth got many end users or gamers to experience the products or join the small gaming competitions, so they could have small souvenir. Also invited Streamers like “GamerBee”, “Beryl” and “Colalin” joined the events.

Before time almost up, we could saw the ROG B team already got 7GHz and start to run benchmarks, later we even saw the B team got 7.2GHz and get into the system desktop theme, but not able to finish all the benchmarks.
As remark, the first photo got 2 teams passed the benchmarks and counted their scores.

Intel got raffle for the fans who join and visit the competitions.

They did roll out 10 lucky fans and got mobile charger or backpack.
AORUS and ROG both sent out 1 set of mechanical keyboard for visitors.

The result came out after 3 hours competitions.
AORUS group winner is C team “OC Me”, with Intel XTU 4178, wPrime 32M 2.383, and wPrime 1024M 65.934 scores.
Both winners could get their prize of the motherboard and graphics card.

ROG group winner is B team “JEFF LEE”,
GeekBench 11319, SuperPI 1M 5.328s, Super PI 32M 5m 28.421s.
We saw the desktop showed 7.2GHz, really wish the player could finished all benchmarks.
But only got 7GHz passed the 3 tested items, still very awesome, especially it’s very stable of PI 32M benchmarks.

This LN2 Overclock competitions did not like previous style on boosted higher clocks and only test with PI 1M score,
required more stability benchmarks is the special point, otherwise we were able to see the clocks over 7.2GHz.
All 6 teams got different constitutions of their CPUs, mostly around 6.2GHz~7GHz of the high performance and stability tests.
The LN2 Overclock competitions was rare to see in recent 2 years, this fancy event also made fans and visitors could know how the LN2 OC works in SYNTREND center.