SANTA CLARA, CA—JULY 21, 2004—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, today announce the availability of its new NVIDIA ForceWare Release 60 driver. Part of NVIDIA’s Unified Driver Architecture (UDA), ForceWare Release 60 for add-in graphics cards based on NVIDIA GeForce™ graphics processing units (GPUs). This new driver release includes many new features, performance enhancements and support for the Company’s new GeForce 6 series graphics GPUs. The Microsoft WHQL-certified NVIDIA ForceWare Release 60 driver is available for immediate download at http://www.nvidia.com/drivers.
Key features of NVIDIA ForceWare Release 60 include:
• Support for the award-winning GeForce 6800-series GPUs
• Unmatched performance and enhanced image quality for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL-based software applications.
• Support for Microsoft® Windows® XP/2000/98/Me/NT4 and Windows XP 64-bit (for AMD Athlon™ 64, AMD Opteron 64, and Intel EMT64)
• Support for PCI Express-based NVIDIA GPUs
• Consumer electronic display support for DVI-based digital displays, such as widescreen plasma screens
• Quick Zoom – ease eye strain and enable ergonomic computing with easy Windows magnification
• Updated application profiles allow users to assign multiple profiles for each application
“With every NVIDIA driver release comes one more reason to invest in an NVIDIA GPU,” said Andrew Fear, software product manager at NVIDIA. “The ForceWare Release 60 graphics driver not only lays the software foundation for GeForce 6 series GPUs and cutting-edge applications that take advantage of Shader Model 3.0, it continues the NVIDIA tradition of delivering industry-leading features – free of charge - that enhance and extend the NVIDIA experience across all of our product lines.”
You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 33922
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
New Unified Driver Architecture Release Unleashes High-Performance and Broad Range of Capabilities of GeForce 6 Series GPUs