OCZ Announces the Vindicator Premium CPU Cooler

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

OCZ Announces the Vindicator Premium CPU Cooler

Post by Apoptosis »

OCZ Technology Announces the Extremely Versatile and Easy-to-Install OCZ Vindicator Premium CPU Cooler

[quote]Sunnyvale, CA—February 20, 2007—OCZ Technology Group, Inc. a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the OCZ Vindicator CPU cooler, an enthusiast-grade thermal solution for the latest high performance processors. The Vindicator can be used as a passive or active cooler depending on the needs of the enthusiast.

The OCZ Vindicator can effectively cool some CPUs passively thanks to a pure copper base plate and six copper heat pipe design that rapidly transfers heat away from the processor up to the dense, high-stacked fin array where the thermal load is quickly dissipated. In fanless mode, the Vindicator efficiently, yet silently offloads heat. For extreme overclocking, enthusiasts can simply attach the included 120mm fan on any of the four sides of the Vindicator to aggressively cool the CPU.

“We are excited to expand our thermal solutions with the introduction of a CPU cooler designed specifically for hardcore gamers and enthusiasts,â€
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

It looks like a smaller version of the Scythe Ninja. I wonder how it stacks up
ikjadoon
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ikjadoon »

Looks nice, but an overly-used design...The price is all I care about. Less than $40 would be amazing, less than $50 is what I'm expecting.

~Ibrahim~
Overdrive PC Core2.SLI:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ ~3.5GHz, ASUS P5N-E SLI, 4GB of DDR2-770, 8800GTS 640MB @ 621/1836, Western Digital 640GB, LITE-ON 20X, CM Stacker 830, Enermax 620W, Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3DMark '06: 10,302
SuperPI 1M: 15.194s
WEI: 5.7
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

Looks nice, but an overly-used design...
I LOVE that design because you can easily replace the cooling fan. I think it is a very practical and thought out design.
ikjadoon
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ikjadoon »

cyberneticimplant wrote:
Looks nice, but an overly-used design...
I LOVE that design because you can easily replace the cooling fan. I think it is a very practical and thought out design.
Overly-used doesn't mean bad, but it looks like they are just copying other manufacturers. Now if they can do that at a lower price (and same or greater performance), I won't ding them for it, but when you charge the same price for a product you 'stole' for competitor, that just ain't right.

~Ibrahim~
Overdrive PC Core2.SLI:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ ~3.5GHz, ASUS P5N-E SLI, 4GB of DDR2-770, 8800GTS 640MB @ 621/1836, Western Digital 640GB, LITE-ON 20X, CM Stacker 830, Enermax 620W, Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3DMark '06: 10,302
SuperPI 1M: 15.194s
WEI: 5.7
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

didn't see a weight, wonder how much it weighs. Looks decent enough anyway.
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kougar »

HONkUS wrote:It looks like a smaller version of the Scythe Ninja. I wonder how it stacks up
I was just thinking that. It's identical, just smaller and with less surface area... I'd be amazed if it could even match the cooling of a Scythe Ninja because of it, it should place a couple degrees behind unless they have more efficient heatpipes or something.

Much easier mounting system, but it better not weigh much as without a backplate it's going to stress those mounting holes.
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water