Network issue at Stanford

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

We have a network issue at Stanford in one of our data centers. We are working on it now. http://folding.typepad.com/news/2011/12 ... nford.html
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Network issue at Stanford

Post by vbironchef »

Fixed.
skier

Post by skier »

vbironchef wrote:We have a network issue at Stanford in one of our data centers. We are working on it now. http://folding.typepad.com/news/2011/12 ... nford.html
we? lol
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

« Network issue at Stanford | Main
December 10, 2011

The whole Stanford campus is having a major issue due to the lack of chilled water on campus. This is causing issues for many of our servers in different server rooms. As of this moment, this is still not resolved. We cannot bring servers back on line until this is resolved. It's getting late (~10:30pm PST), so we'll check back tomorrow morning to see hopefully that this is resolved. Until then, several of FAH's servers are down unfortunately.

UPDATE 4:30am Pacific Time: Chilled water came back on line at 11am, but several of our servers are still down. Our sysadmins will work to get them back up, but it may not be until Monday, depending on their availability on Sunday.

Posted at 10:22 PM | Permalink
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Re: Stanford Servers ALL DOWN [Not]

Postby bruce » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 pm
Most of the servers have been back for a day or more so most people should be able to sent/receive WUs.

The actual database where the stats are stored is still off-line so the credits from completed WUs are not presently being added to your totals. There's no reason to believe they are being lost, however. Each Work Server accumulates stats information which is normally collected hourly and added to the DB. This hourly update process is not running yet, but when it's restarted, it will make a much larger than normal update so it will probably take significantly longer. I have no information on when that might happen.

bruce
Site Admin

This post is from the F@H forums. Just a update and remember to keep folding. I copied and pasted it here. I hope that is ok.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

2 days of no points and one day of less than half the normal, hope they credit the work and that its not lost.....

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Jackson275
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Jackson275 »

The actual database where the stats are stored is still off-line so the credits from completed WUs are not presently being added to your totals. There's no reason to believe they are being lost, however. Each Work Server accumulates stats information which is normally collected hourly and added to the DB. This hourly update process is not running yet, but when it's restarted, it will make a much larger than normal update so it will probably take significantly longer. I have no information on when that might happen.