I'm BACK!!!

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm BACK!!!

Post by dicecca112 »

Well sold the old computer, the one in the sig. Sold it to a buddy of mine who is now folding with it 24/7. Almost done building my newest, Intel 930 1GB of ram, Watercooling comes Thursday. To all those who passed me. Come September, I will be running full throttle. Prepare and lets have some fun
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

ur gonna miss conroe :\

welcome back i guess im new
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Welcome back man! :)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

not really gonna miss conroe. I'm not gonna upgrade till next summer. I wanna wait till the good ocing boards are out and have a few revisions. don't wanna deal with any of the bugs
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

WB!

I know what you mean, i want conroe right away but i dont want to deal with the first revision of motherboards :( However my DFI was a frist revision and still cranks as well as the new ones... and thats because they did not make any revisions to the Ultra-D. So who knows i may get lucky.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

frankly right now I'm blown away by the 930. Worlds faster in linux and ubuntu, but I'm not quite sure if that is the added combination of the raptor. Still, can't wait to get this under water, clock it to 4ghz, and speed away crunching the WU. How long till September and free electricity?
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Welcome back!!!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

woot!

Glad to see you back in action! If you wait till next year you can do Conroe, DX10 graphics cards and Vista all at once!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Apoptosis wrote:woot!

Glad to see you back in action! If you wait till next year you can do Conroe, DX10 graphics cards and Vista all at once!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

whats this windows you speak of? Veesta?...........Oh Microsoft. I don't allow viruses on my computer. I use linux.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

well i was back until my raptor and motherboard decided to die, as well as my pump for watercooling coming DOA. What a great day