Welcome our newest folder... Untol

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Welcome our newest folder... Untol

Post by DaIceMan »

Another of the guys from my local LAN group. Just built himself a rocking new machine and I actually talked him into folding. 1 unit down, rockets to #105 on the team and climbing.

Welcome to the Team bro!
Last edited by DaIceMan on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Welcome our newest folder... Untol

Post by bubba »

Welcome :)
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome to the team!
Untol
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Untol »

Hello
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Woohoo! Another one for LR and for the cause, welcome to the team!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Welcome, glad to have you a part of the team. My day just got a little better. :)
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Welcome =D>
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

welcome! :supz:
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Welcome, and nice sig :mrgreen:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Untol
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Untol »

So quick question bc im new at this. I've got 8 machines at work that dont get used for anything over the weekend, and im thinking of firing them all up over the weekend to Fold. However, only 2 are dual core and most are 2.0ghz and below, would they be able to complete a WU over the weekend?
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

First make sure you have permission to do so. Second for the single core machines, use the uniprocessor client, for the dual core use the SMP.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

and yes they will complete a WU over the weekend

btw, welcome!
:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

new people are awesome

Mike

:)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Welcome to the crunching community! :)
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

As dicecca said... use the SMP like on your home machine for the dual cores, and the slower machines use the text only. For the text only, if you set it running when you leave Friday night, it should be done with a WU by Monday morning when work starts again.

If you want, give me a shout on messenger and I might be able to swing by there in the next day or so and help you set them up (to fold under my name *cough*). I need to check out the new building anyway.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

Untol
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Untol »

Ya i've got permissions to, i can do pretty much whatever suits my fancy as long as everything works on monday. Perks of working with family. Cool so that should net some decent gains. As a side note am i doing this just bc, or is there some kind of contest or is it bragging rights etc etc? I dont really care either way i was just wondering that the other day. Goes to show how much i trust heflin......anyways, i'll get all that fired up for this weekend then. Heflin you can swing by anytime you want man, im right behind the giant fireworks building, big grey building, with a big lighter grey awning ;). Im there 8-5 everyday...dont think i've taken a lunch in about a month so the odds of you catching me when im not there are really slim.
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Yeah... just bragging rights and helping science. http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Science