finally

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

finally

Post by grunt »

I'm back from another deployment (15 months this time)... So I want to get my ps3 and dual core laptop folding away, best way to set it up (if there is anything special that I don't know about).

Anyhow, just dropping by to say hello and hope everyone is bueno.. Take it easy!
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: finally

Post by DaIceMan »

Thanks for your service, and Welcome Home! PS3 is still the same setup, but depending on the graphics processor in the laptop, things may have changed drastically. Post up the specs of the laptop if you want and we can try to lead you in the right direction for the best setup.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Thanks so much for your service to this great country, and welcome home! nothing really you have to do for a dual core, just install the regular smp. And out of curiousity, where were you deployed? And i assume your army right?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome back! Glad to see you are alive and kicking.

Happy to hear you are back from a 15 month tour... That is a very long time... Were you back in the sand box?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Hey grunt, we've missed you :mrgreen:

Odds are that SMP running on your laptop would be best for ppd, so have a look at that.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back on here to reply guys, been busy now that I am back home and trying to get adjusted to "normal" life again.

I was mostly at BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) but specifically Camp Striker. Spent some time at FOB Kalsu at the farp.

Yeah Apop, back in the sandbox AGAIN! Sucks but it's over (for now). Our division is rumored to go back in '10.

Got my laptop folding and my ps3, should be getting some buddies to help as well. This folding is worse then any drug, spent 15 months away and hooked already lol...

Anyhow, I was unable to get anything online but I'm good now so I will be around from time to time.. Even though I am not too much into the pc thing anymore (between the army and a lil man there is no time) you guys have always been a good crowd, even when some retards (like me) need their hand held through some simple pc stuff...

Later dudes!
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

DMB2000uk wrote:Hey grunt, we've missed you :mrgreen:

Odds are that SMP running on your laptop would be best for ppd, so have a look at that.

Dan

I'm back!!

dude, your pc specs look chinese to me.. I'm so out of the pc field :(
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

grunt wrote:dude, your pc specs look chinese to me.. I'm so out of the pc field :(
All you need to know is that it looks pretty :mrgreen:

As long as you have a question, there will be someone around here to try and answer it for you :mrgreen:
(Play up on the fact that you are folding and you'll get our folding members working extra hard to make sure you are kept happy! :finga: )

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)