Why Folding For Legit Reviews Team #38296 Is Good

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why Folding For Legit Reviews Team #38296 Is Good

Post by dicecca112 »

bubba wrote:There in lies the rub.

Have a contest to bring in new blood, hope they say. Most in the past haven't, but if we don't try....

If we have it just for the dedicated folders we are improving our own stable of machines, but not giving any incentive to come here and stay.

Split the goods between? Give the dedicated something to fight over and still draw in new blood.

Either way I need to get my test bench box put back together so I can take part some what, my old P4 rigs just don't cut it anymore.
I disagree, it'll show new folders that there is an incentive to stay and fold. They'll go damn, I have to fold a while, and then maybe I'll get a free graphics card or processor. I remember the ATI scandal that went on, and the folder left.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I think the items definitely need to be used for folding, and need to be given to people who are dedicated to the LR team. Someone who won't go and fold for some other team.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

vicaphit wrote:I think the items definitely need to be used for folding, and need to be given to people who are dedicated to the LR team. Someone who won't go and fold for some other team.
i agree! i think if your only folding to get a prize then your folding for all the wrong reasons!
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Too bad there is no way to force the winner to fold with the thing. Maybe give it to a folder who has proven dedication to folding, but isn't already at the top of the list... Sorry iceman and darkstar!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i can humbly and objectively say i meet that requisite :finga:
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

If i was chosen, i have an AMD pc setup here thats running on, onboard here that could really use a graphics card that would increase my PPD. But currently i am un able to fold on my main machine, see here http://forums.legitreviews.com/about17276.html . I am currently still folding on the PS3 at home the server is down at the moment due to day temperatures over here, its a little warm for spring, while the PS3 is quite happily folding away.
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

You should give it to me. I'm not modest, and everyone knows (or at least, they should know), I'm 100% dedicated to folding for LR. The rig I would build from those parts would be a 100% dedicated folder... seeing 24/7/365 folding love for Team #38296.

Bwall and I took care of each others rigs like children during the Folding War. He was out of town for a few days, I logged into his systems remotely to make sure they stayed folding while he was gone. I'd text him every day at lunch (work in a cave, no real internet access) to make sure the systems were up. Even had to talk my wife through power cycling the whole network to get them back up one day.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

lord... the G.A.S. in this thread is palpable o.o
(Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

I'd love to have one but I don't really have the extra funds to put together the rest of the system...can't wait to see that gear added to the team though! :supz:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I hate begging, but I've got to put my name in the hat. Though depending on the type of card these are... All I would need to get it folding would be a new PSU for my dell. I would be willing to put forth the money to do that, but I just don't have the money to spend on a videocard right now. I am saving up for a marriage here!

Her rig is on the dedicated school network, and would only be offline for the major holiday breaks. LR rules, and I would never fold for another forum, or even stay an active member for over 1.5 years!
----
Andy

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Where did my post go?

hmm, anyway - I basically said to help the old timers out would be good and then asked where we could go to see how long we have been folding for LR.

I also said Apop should just put it all together and run it, calling it the LR folding farm or something similiar - damn, where did my post go...

I do like the idea of splitting it between old timers and newbies, but I just hate to see people folding just to get a prize, then leaving again when they got it! That just irritates me.

Mike

Maybe I saved it instead of submitting it..hmm..wierd.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

KnightRid wrote:Where did my post go?

hmm, anyway - I basically said to help the old timers out would be good and then asked where we could go to see how long we have been folding for LR.

I also said Apop should just put it all together and run it, calling it the LR folding farm or something similiar - damn, where did my post go...

I do like the idea of splitting it between old timers and newbies, but I just hate to see people folding just to get a prize, then leaving again when they got it! That just irritates me.

Mike

I never saw it, User control panel => manage drafts and see if its there
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

KnightRid wrote:Where did my post go?

Mike

I don't know how well the woman in Apop's life would handle all of those machines running 24/7! :lol:

To see when you turned in your first work unit just go to your EOC stats page, look for "first record" to the right of your total points and total WU's. ;)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

dicecca112 wrote:I never saw it, User control panel => manage drafts and see if its there
Nope, nothing there - wierd
Bwall wrote:I don't know how well the woman in Apop's life would handle all of those machines running 24/7! :lol:

To see when you turned in your first work unit just go to your EOC stats page, look for "first record" to the right of your total points and total WU's. ;)
Just set up a spare bedroom to run them in :)

Thanx for the date thingy! been folding longer than I thought, now I am really for the oldtimers! ROFL

Mike

Now for the MAJOR question - Nate, how do YOU think they should be distributed? Since you have them, they are in your hands, maybe throw up a poll if you are undecided between a few ways.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

after trouble shooting my MAME computer - I have enough left over parts to build another rig - except a case and video card. I could host a dedicated folding rig also. either way a BIG push in october should get us in the top 100. A few teams might overtake us by the end of the year but if we can keep some from the contest continuing to fold for LR and have some of those new cards folding the team should be in good shape.
:partyman:
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

This is my two cents worth:

College students that have been active folding for Legit Reviews 38296 for at least six months should come first.

People living at home with their parents that have been active folding for Legit Reviews 38296 for at least six months should come second.

All other people that have been active folding for Legit Reviews 38296 for at least six months should come third.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

well what if we live with our parents but not really? i live in one floor they live in the other, we just eat together and junk.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

If it is the same address, then you are good to go.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I live with my parents, and the card would go into the computer of a college student!

That, and I just moved up 16 places in our team in the last 7 days :supz:

I guess it isn't such a big deal to go from 124 to 108 though.
----
Andy

vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

The question is: Do you agree or disagree with my two cents worth?